The Alloa Athletic Thread

3 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Don't think it is at all. Surely the fact he has been there so long is because a new manager coming in is told he's part of the furniture. If that is the case it means the chairman wants him there. Paddy is in football and his tenure is also temporary imo. If he wants to remain and cares about the club surely he speaks up?!

I do get though that he wants to keep his job and in my work experience most will keep quiet.

Well, we'll never know (although Leodhas might, and will sensibly remain quiet on the subject). I've always just assumed Paddy's part of the continuity because he does a decent job and is easy to get along with.

If he's Mike Mulraney's ear in the dressing room, then you'd imagine he's probably had plenty to report back so far, and wouldn't have much reason to stay quiet.

I don't think Paddy is that type of person. Mike's runner for one min. Barry brought his own staff in with him and is being allowed to get on with the job. One thing Mike does he let's the manager get on with it. Right or wrong only time will tell. We can't afford to lose players like Parry. Something has to give before it's too late

Disappointed that Parry has gone. He was a brilliant keeper in a really successful and memorable era. Its never ideal to see a legendary player exit the club that way.

Unless anybody has any insider knowledge of what went on, it's all assumptions as to what actually transpired. 

I see the comments that McDowall and Gibson almost got us relegated and undoubtedly that season we did struggle to replace Bain with those 2. But also worth noting that we actually DID get relegated last season with Parry in goals, and he had his fair share of dodgy moments. In fact there was a lot of supporters really criticising him and I wouldn't have been too surprised had he left in summer.

Of course the fact that he had done the business for the club before last season gave Parry a merited great deal of credit in the bank. While I don't think he would have reached his pre injury levels of performance I still think he would have done a job for us in League One.

I think some of the reaction while understandable to an extent is way over to the top. Calling out Alloa supporters who didn't completely deride the managerial appointment and showing some positivity, And essentially insinuating that folk should queue up to abuse Ferguson in the dugout at home games is crazy behaviour. How is that going to help the team exactly?

I'm no big Ferguson fan, and the signs look a wee bit ominous based on what's gone before and what's happened so far. But we have to get on with it and see how it goes- because its still way too early to deduce anything for certain.

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

Bit harsh on Paddy. I don't know the guy, but he's been part of a successful Alloa backroom team for a good long while.

O think Neil Parry thought the same.

As well as being adept at dodgy signings and tactics, he's equally adept at showing his unfavorables the exit.

19 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Transfer window closes on tuesday, will we manage to bring in a forward, or two, that give positivity for the season ahead. Fingers crossed....

Euan Henderson, 22-year old forward from Hearts on a season loan. Was with Montrose last season and has good skill and attitude.

Could be a good signing for us.

21 hours ago, Willie Gut said:

Euan Henderson, 22-year old forward from Hearts on a season loan. Was with Montrose last season and has good skill and attitude.

Could be a good signing for us.

Henderson was at Montrose a few seasons ago. 2018-19 I think? He seems to have been in and around the Hearts first team most of the time since then.

Paddy connolly and now lizzie taylor getting pelters on here 

i am sure richard burton's were intact on departing said ex wife but we may never know . 

It is reported that some hearts youngsters are on the move so the Euan Henderson signing might well be on .