The Alloa Athletic Thread

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

On a positive note, this might mean we end up with a striker in this week.

Seeing as the 2 he has signed so far are Armour and Sammon, I fail to see the positive side to deliberately weakening the side by letting go a keeper that was a class above the other two. 

I fully expect Armand One or big Geoff to be announced tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, Tamhain said:

I fail to see the positive side to deliberately weakening the side by letting go a keeper that was a class above the other two. 

Just on the timing though, he's obviously held onto him this long as a just in case, I'm just guessing that this means something is imminent.

sad news indeed, BF will get slaughtered and rightly so if this turns out to be a mistake

I like others here wish him the best,  he can pick a club from the offers he will get 

another striker you say LeodhasXD  , it better be a good one to make up for this .

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just on the timing though, he's obviously held onto him this long as a just in case, I'm just guessing that this means something is imminent.

No danger, he was frozen out and inevitably been forced out the club to free a wage. There is no just in case at all, the treatment of Parry is disgusting. The team spirit evidenced for years is slowly disappearing, at least there will be no disappointment on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not tonight The Rangers are playing he will need to study the game for the day job with the Daily Mason.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

BF yet again baffles belief.

The man is in a bubble and has an agenda that is beyond anything loyal supporters can fathom.

I don't give a monkey's if we do get a new striker, Ronaldo wouldn't overshadow BF's handling of one of the best keepers at the Recs in an age.

For me, this sums up what BF is doing to the Alloa fans

_55926176_1471975.jpg

Edited by laughing gravie
Laughing Barry

What did i say before about him destroying" OUR "team.Ferguson is tearing the club apart.Parry has been treated with contempt.Fans need to voice our feelings loudly at home games,as this could escalate into further players leaving.Mulraney is at fault,the blame is at his door.

The manager had clearly made his mind up about Neily a few weeks ago. That's his job but the manner of it leaves a bad taste and there is going to be an ongoing debate about the quality of the replacement. 

Neily was a brilliant goalie for us. If he can get back anywhere near his best then someone is going to get a fantastic signing. 

Felt a bit like the night Flanny left so a few more thoughts here :

http://waspshistory.blogspot.com/2021/08/aint-nobody.html?m=1

5 hours ago, Waspie said:

The manager had clearly made his mind up about Neily a few weeks ago. That's his job but the manner of it leaves a bad taste and there is going to be an ongoing debate about the quality of the replacement. 

Neily was a brilliant goalie for us. If he can get back anywhere near his best then someone is going to get a fantastic signing. 

Felt a bit like the night Flanny left so a few more thoughts here :

http://waspshistory.blogspot.com/2021/08/aint-nobody.html?m=1

Good piece, Waspie. Genius to include that pic. 😁

Like everyone else it was an appointment that surprised me but there was no point in commenting until the season got underway.The Clyde fans told us that he would make lots of signings and discard them at will if he wasn,t happy.Having failed to get Clyde promoted with this approach i would have hoped for a change in mentality but clearly not.Ferguson will not give a toss about our opinions nor will his assistant as they are cut from the same cloth.Something has clearly happened between Neil and the manager as Neils standing in the game at part time level is outstanding.Think we are in for an interesting season which we might not enjoy.Fans are angry but i hope we dont make make it a toxic atmosphere as that will not help the team.