The Alloa Athletic Thread

10 hours ago, Jagwasp said:

I would agree with all of this. Sammon definitely won’t have much success as a sole striker but if he can have someone up top alongside him that is quick then i think he may become an asset. If we can see it then let’s hope the manager can. 

I think Trouts maybe a good option beside him. 

14 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I'm not sure it's a good thing that we are racking our brains looking at what we need to add to get the best out of Sammon, rather than a new signing adding to the quality we have. But I think Sammon can contribute- just not sure it's as sole striker.

I think it's frustrating to watch, you know that he will pin defenders when it's lobbed up to him so the ball will roughly bounce in a 5-10yd radius. Get someone onto those knockdowns and that's an easy outball.

He's also really willing to run in behind.. he almost caught out Berra in the first half and definitely got the better of Tumilty in the second when he leathered it straight at Macdonald.

If he could score he'd be some player. I've said it a few times he's going to be good entertainment this year. Just don't know how much of that will be goals.

Edited by LeodhasXD

19 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I think it's frustrating to watch, you know that he will pin defenders when it's lobbed up to him so the ball will roughly bounce in a 5-10year radius. Get someone onto those knockdowns and that's an easy outball.

He's also really willing to run in behind.. he almost caught out Berra in the first half and definitely got the better of Tumilty in the second when he leathered it straight at Macdonald.

If he could score he'd be some player. I've said it a few times he's going to be good entertainment this year. Just don't know how much of that will be goals.

Sammon is a conundrum of a footballer, has been his entire career, he's just not a goalscorer, and when you look at some of the moves he's had your kind of left scratching your head. In his two seasons with us, the first he was pretty much a lazy b*****d who looked like he couldn't care less. The second season he started to try harder in fits and starts maybe because his time was coming to an end and thinking about his next move. But overall he was an infuriating, frustrating, and disappointing player with us. He can't jump well at all and for his size he really should put himself about more. He has pace though I'll give him that, and if anything prefers ball to feet and balls played over the top or through for him to run onto. Good luck with him.

i think Hutton is a good signing for us either as backup or whatever, sorry for big neil but his star cannot shine for ever, and if Bazza does not rate him not a lot we can do about it  , I get the impression Barry ferguson doesn't give a hoot what us supporters think anyway IMO .

Mendy may be a good signing we shall see in due course (how many players do we have now  ?  ! )  nice to see us get a much better result against Raith than we could get all last season no ?

What's all the fuss about    , get behind the team ,  be true supporters and don't do all this derisive shouting at the players , does no good you know ! 

Go out and get drunk and sleep on a park bench for the night , you might look at things differently .... ...   

now where did i put my medication .....

On 25/07/2021 at 13:06, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Does anyone know if Peterhead are allowing away fans in to Saturday's game?

Would need to check with the club, last weeks game against Cove they got given 28 tickets to sell which they did to their season ticket holders, possibly still a few weeks before things change. The game will be streamed via our usual channels

On 25/07/2021 at 13:06, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Does anyone know if Peterhead are allowing away fans in to Saturday's game?

26 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Would need to check with the club, last weeks game against Cove they got given 28 tickets to sell which they did to their season ticket holders, possibly still a few weeks before things change. The game will be streamed via our usual channels

Cove game was with 2 metre distancing which is now down to 1 metre so there should be more spaces available. As Peternapper says, best to check with the club as there's no official announcement yet.

Just if anyone else is on for tickets they're all allocated. Obviously there's a solid 50 who'll come home or away but I tried to get the supporters club to dish them out to the regulars. If anyone wants any send an email to leodhas@alloaathleticfootball.club and I'll get in touch if anyone backs out.

Edited by LeodhasXD

5 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Any gossip on whether we are gonna get anyone else in before the start of the season?

I know one rumour. Played and scored many famous goals in the early season but he generally doesn't stay long at his clubs.

Spoiler

A. Trialist.

8 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Any gossip on whether we are gonna get anyone else in before the start of the season?

Overheard Barry saying he's after a couple of centre halves, an experienced keeper and a striker with a one goal every fifteen games scoring record. It's important to have competition, he said.

3 hours ago, printer said:

Overheard Barry saying he's after a couple of centre halves, an experienced keeper and a striker with a one goal every fifteen games scoring record. It's important to have competition, he said.

You must be very privileged if you got not do much s sight of Barry, but got close enough to hear him talk🤭

Maybe he can only talk when he's on the radio?😱