The Alloa Athletic Thread

Not a particularly inspiring first performance, fingers crossed that things improve. We struggled to create many real chances and in general looked a little lost going forward. I felt that the three behind Sammon were all a bit too similar.

First impressions of the new players (the starters):

Church - disappointing, I'd rather have Williamson in there and continue to give a youngster a chance to develop.

Howie - I thought that he did well, looked like he could be reasonably solid at league 1 level.

Adam King - I was pretty pleased with him, he didn't exactly dominate the game but he was neat and tidy in possession and of the two in the double pivot I thought that he did better than Robertson.

Boyd - looked willing to have a go at his man and try to make something happen, but nothing really came off for him.

Sammon - he did ok when the ball was placed right on his head, other than that he was disappointing. I was expecting to see a bit more movement from him to give the three behind a bit more space to play in but that just didn't happen, and I felt that may have been largely responsible for its not creating more chances.

Only one game in and there's plenty of time to improve, but if we're still playing like that come the first league game of the season then I'll be seriously worried about our prospects.

14 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Durnan wisnae playing unless I was st the wrong game so yeah he is a liability. It was Howie and imo I thought he looked a good addition. As for Church, he doesn't go beyond the winger cos he's not fit enough! 

To be fair I might've confused some people. Durnan watching himself at home in the teamsheet must've been a laugh.

Made a typo on the live graphic and put him in instead of 16 Adam King.

To be fair I might've confused some people. Durnan watching himself at home in the teamsheet must've been a laugh.
Made a typo on the live graphic and put him in instead of 16 Adam King.

I’m not sure anybody watching from an Alloa perspective last night would have been laughing much.

Interested to see how we get on on Saturday. I don’t hold out much hope of a result but any kind of improvement will be very welcome.
Of course we need to give the players some time to work each other out and get playing in a system. I thought we really missed Trouten (or a Trouten type) last night to link the play through the lines. Even in the first half when we had a lot of the ball, it very rarely went beyond the Cowden midfield on the deck.

Williamson away on loan. Strange one based on what we seen on Tuesday [emoji848]
That's disappointing. Based on Church's performance on Tuesday I'd say that Williamson is the better player.

13 minutes ago, Barneyw said:

Williamson away on loan. Strange one based on what we seen on Tuesday emoji848.png

Where to?  Seems crazy as he's not even had a chance to show what he can do. Church and the other guy must have something we haven't seen.

Just found it on the site. Evans as well. O Donnell will be shipped out next! Pretty crap choice of club in lowland league more so for Williamson. Thought he looked solid in the champioship then gets dropped down two leagues for a guy who does not inspire confidence and struggled to get games at EF and Dumbarton.😲🤔

1 hour ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Just found it on the site. Evans as well. O Donnell will be shipped out next! Pretty crap choice of club in lowland league more so for Williamson. Thought he looked solid in the champioship then gets dropped down two leagues for a guy who does not inspire confidence and struggled to get games at EF and Dumbarton.😲🤔

Absolutely ludicrous! Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back within the next month. What the hell is the manager thinking?

14 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Nicky Jamieson: talk to me.

you seem to have made your own mind up on him on your own thread , 

I have no idea if he will do well for you Was a bit shaky for us  .

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

He has signed for Stenhousemuir FC on loan.

Jeeso, Ferguson is defo clearing the decks at the Recs. IMO he is raw, solid, committed and will put fans on the edge of their seats with some hairy moments. He is not a ball playing CB. 

Just now, Vegetableman said:

you seem to have made your own mind up on him on your own thread , 

I have no idea if he will do well for you Was a bit shaky for us  .

I remember thinking he was a very useful player at Queen's Park and was surprised they didn't keep him on when they moved to full-time football. I didn't see much of him at the Recs last season (every time I brought a stream, it was Andy Graham and Scott Taggart at centre-back) but I have high hopes for him at Ochilview.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I remember thinking he was a very useful player at Queen's Park and was surprised they didn't keep him on when they moved to full-time football. I didn't see much of him at the Recs last season (every time I brought a stream, it was Andy Graham and Scott Taggart at centre-back) but I have high hopes for him at Ochilview.

Good luck to the guy, he needs to be playing. With Ferguson signing several CB's he appears way out the picture. I think he has a good job away from football hence no full time option.