The Alloa Athletic Thread

49 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Entry to all cup matches is included in our season ticket, unfortunately due to current covid restrictions its season ticket holders only to get entry on Saturday v Hearts with a capacity of 246

You have a good deal there.

Our season ticket (which is £250) doesn't cover League cup matches. We are season ticket holders as well on Saturday and ticket prices are £10.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

56 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Entry to all cup matches is included in our season ticket, unfortunately due to current covid restrictions its season ticket holders only to get entry on Saturday v Hearts with a capacity of 246

I was hoping for an outside chance of visiting Balmoor for the opening league game of the season- but looks highly unlikely based on what youre saying there. Assume "Covid restrictions" and that small capacity limit means you are using main stand only? Would imagine using both stands at Balmoor even with social distancing would give you more than 246.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

2 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Main stand ticket bought , it could have been £50 a ticket and I still would have been there , its been a long wait but well and truly looking forward to next week!

Don't say that😂

27 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I was hoping for an outside chance of visiting Balmoor for the opening league game of the season- but looks highly unlikely based on what youre saying there. Assume "Covid restrictions" and that small capacity limit means you are using main stand only? Would imagine using both stands at Balmoor even with social distancing would give you more than 246.

Hopefully the level is reduced shortly the 246 is using both stands, i am normally in mainstand but have been moved to East Stand until back to normal. Our capacity is 4000 but i thought you could only either use seating or standing not a combination of the two. Certainly a nightmare as we could have expected 1000-1500 for the Hearts game on Saturday. The club did produce a video on our club site to explain the various scenarios. Noticed Buckie Thistle advertising an Aberdeenshire cup game at Buckie with 500 all ticket but presume they are standing only certainly going to take a while to settle down

Just in case anyone doesn't know any problems no matter how stupid with buying online/streaming - I like to hear about. 

Got feedback that it wasn't clear how log in to an account - so it's been added to the navigation menu. Quality of life things like that I don't always see help immensely.

This has to be the most underwhelming preseason in an age.

The " OS " is chocolate fireguard territory, next to no updates on preseason matches, but plenty information on how to part with our money.

Even the new signing information was laughable.

One would have thought with a new " big name " manager, he would be wanting the supporters on his side, but has become as evasive as Sir Percy Blakeny.

I appreciate there is a lot on the plate running a semi OS website and doing WASP TV, surely the evidence that too much is being done with too few hands?

9 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

This has to be the most underwhelming preseason in an age.

The " OS " is chocolate fireguard territory, next to no updates on preseason matches, but plenty information on how to part with our money.

Even the new signing information was laughable.

One would have thought with a new " big name " manager, he would be wanting the supporters on his side, but has become as evasive as Sir Percy Blakeny.

I appreciate there is a lot on the plate running a semi OS website and doing WASP TV, surely the evidence that too much is being done with too few hands?

If your suggestion is to clone @LeodhasXD, I'm all for it. Might come in handy for replacement parts in the decades ahead too.

You don't like to think about these things, but better safe than sorry.

9 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Bob Malcolm his no 2

Paddy is first team coach. 

John Gibson goalkeeper coach 

All listed on the new club website 

That's not what I'm saying here, nor the issues.

Once again, or should it be AGAIN, the fans are fed on crumbs but no effort is wasted in pursuit of taking our money.

Some information on how the unlisted friendlies went or how training and squad gelling would be nice.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Has Scougal signed on for you again?

Aye, he signed a new contract shortly after the season ended: https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/alloaathletic/19389491.scougall-point-prove-wasps/

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the Recs tonight but brilliant that we are going to have fans back in the ground. Hopefully we get a decent performance to mark the occasion and the start of a new era. 

Edited by Waspie