The Alloa Athletic Thread

8 hours ago, Waspie said:

I don't think Father Barry was suggesting King would be an immediate like for like replacement for Hetherington. But the Hetherington who left Alloa was a very different player to the one who first arrived, a player who had been dropping down the levels previously and took time to find his feet. When he did, he went on to flourish and left the club a far more accomplished performer. Obviously doesn't work for every signing but that will be the hope for the likes of King too. Worth saying also that Liam Dick left Alloa looking much stronger than when he initially signed for us. For all we have been one of the best part-time sides in recent times, we're always going to be working in that kind of market to some extent. 

Liam got some time versus Clyde and looks promising. Certainly has a nice way of crossing the ball and a pretty decent throw-in too. Too soon to tell, but didn’t look massively different than MacDonald looked at LB last year.

5 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Except the forwards?

In my memory... I can recall Boyd hitting one wide and Cawley one wide. Boyd tried to do what Insigne did last night at one point but not quite good enough to beat the keeper. I can't remember too much shots from us beyond that.

We looked a little frail from corners in the second half and we certainly lost control of the game that we had in the first 30-35 minutes. The first half was good. The second half a bit of a hard watch.

We look a little lightweight in the centre of the park. Scougall was spreading the ball about quite pleasingly at times. Expect when Robbo is fit he'll make that area his own.

Church was much improved, one of the highlights of the first half, with his running. Don't think there's too much else to be said about it.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

In my memory... I can recall Boyd hitting one wide and Cawley one wide. Boyd tried to do what Insigne did last night at one point but not quite good enough to beat the keeper. I can't remember too much shots from us beyond that.

We looked a little frail from corners in the second half and we certainly lost control of the game that we had in the first 30-35 minutes. The first half was good. The second half a bit of a hard watch.

We look a little lightweight in the centre of the park. Scougall was spreading the ball about quite pleasingly at times. Expect when Robbo is fit he'll make that area his own.

Church was much improved, one of the highlights of the first half, with his running. Don't think there's too much else to be said about it.

Spot on summary.

It's a week until the first home game, any update on whether season ticket holders will be able to attend and if the game will be included as part of the season ticket allocation (would hope so as a small gratitude to the supporters who have put there hand in their pocket over the last 2 seasons)??

I don't expect these games to be on the season ticket (as per the ts and cs) and personally (just me) I'm not too fussed.

Being able to actually get into the ground within reasonable proximity of guys you go to games (assume seated in gazebo) with is enough of a relative novelty in these times. 

Being able to meet up with folk pre/post match for these 2 games and attend is enough of a draw to happily part with the cash- and again that's just me. I realise a lot of folk have been way worse off than others through the pandemic. But after paying 160 quid for a ticket to Scotland Czech Republic for a standard seat in the North Stand, I'm fine with paying a fraction of that to get back into the ground again.

Hopefully by August we will be able to get completely back to some semblance of normality.

I can't see us getting into away games til more restrictions are lifted, which will be a bit of a downer if we miss out on Peterhead away at the end of the month in particular. But time will tell on that one.

The "thank you" will be getting priority to these games i would think ,  I am sure in the past cup games have been pay at the gate and not part of the season ticket regulations , most clubs will have suffered financially and probably cannot afford to gift admission so no surprises there  . 

looks like we will be getting fed up playing cowdenbeath if they can get past Fraserburgh .

Surely the club aren’t going to ask season ticket holders who paid for a season ticket last year and never got to a game to pay £18 to watch us play Cowdenbeath on a Tuesday night in a glorified friendly?

10 minutes ago, pencils said:

Surely the club aren’t going to ask season ticket holders who paid for a season ticket last year and never got to a game to pay £18 to watch us play Cowdenbeath on a Tuesday night in a glorified friendly?

Just because you've said that I'm going to put an ironic sale badge on them.

I think in my first season watching, c. 10 years ago league cup games, which were straight knock-out ties were included but not thereafter. As discussed in previous close seasons it’s not altogether the fact that it’s paid admission only but instead the price point. I recall the Supporters Club approaching the club asking for them to consider tiered pricing, but to no avail.

I guess it’s extra sensitive this time around but if it is full price admission the stance taken by the club will be hardly surprising.

Yeah you got the first home cup tie from each competition on the season ticket. If I remember correctly it was changed to league games only when we went up to Championship in 2013/14. But that's in line I think with the vast majority of clubs in Scotland.

Certainly explored tiered pricing with the chairman before, but it's always been his framework to which he works his budget and he's never deviated from it.

Paying 18 quid for the Cowdenbeath game is hardly welcoming, but getting into the ground probably makes it easier to swallow than other seasons. I think the only time I would flat out refuse to pay that would be if we drew a colt team at home in the Challenge Cup.

Haven't heard of any other club giving season ticket holders free admission to League Cup games, but haven't really delved into that detail to any real degree. Happy to be corrected if it's happening and I haven't noticed though.