The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Time to admit that I'm just not going to have the cash for a season ticket for the first time in almost a decade  :(

Best of luck for this season, and hopefully you all have plenty to cheer about.

Sorry to hear that BFTD. Hope you manage to see plenty of games in the months ahead. 

1 hour ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

When are the 2 new signings being announced......officially?

Signings worth getting excited about? 

4 hours ago, printer said:

Ordered my season ticket online yesterday and it arrived in the post this morning. 😁

Same, wasn’t expecting it as quick as that!

I noticed in the email about them that it talked about the different tiers and the numbers of seating OR standing - is the plan to have one or the other or a mix?

1 minute ago, Kevchenko said:

Same, wasn’t expecting it as quick as that!

I noticed in the email about them that it talked about the different tiers and the numbers of seating OR standing - is the plan to have one or the other or a mix?

Everyone's sitting at the beginning as per the current rules - that's whether you bought a ground or a stand ticket. Why you can't be trusted to socially distance yourself around the standing areas? Ask the Scottish Government.

We need 2m distancing  at the moment and to fit everyone in we can't guarantee everyone will be able to sit in their chosen seat.

Hopefully things don't go wild with COVID and after August 10th we'll go back to normal with no restrictions.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Everyone's sitting at the beginning as per the current rules - that's whether you bought a ground or a stand ticket. Why you can't be trusted to socially distance yourself around the standing areas? Ask the Scottish Government.

We need 2m distancing  at the moment and to fit everyone in we can't guarantee everyone will be able to sit in their chosen seat.

Hopefully things don't go wild with COVID and after August 10th we'll go back to normal with no restrictions.

Thanks, was assuming it would be something like that. 

Madness that we can be trusted to socially distance in a supermarket but not a football ground. Maybe get some trollies in to act as barriers for us. 

1 minute ago, Kevchenko said:

Thanks, was assuming it would be something like that. 

Madness that we can be trusted to socially distance in a supermarket but not a football ground. Maybe get some trollies in to act as barriers for us. 

Image of grown men sitting in the kids trolley seat under the terracing😂

Stream quality was brilliant to be fair. 

Sammon took his goal well and there was some decent link up play in the first half, and Scougall and Cawley looked dangerous breaking on the counter, but defensively it’s still a bit of a shambles. 

Stupid foul from Church for their 1st and he looked pretty suspect all half to be honest

The streaming was about on par with the BBC Scotland settings. Was pleased in that regard. Will probably get people watching on Saturday to give it a real stress test.

Still a bit of development to be done and load testing to see if we need a more sophisticated setup for the website to handle the traffic.

Yeah the stream was terrific. 

Performance looked very much like a team in early pre-season and with a lot of new faces. I was encouraged to see Scougall playing in that central midfield role. Sammon took advantage of the mistake and put his goal away nicely. Otherwise it was all a bit flat and toothless. The most impressive thing was the free kick for Stenny's equaliser.

Obviously don't know who was doing the shouting but it did appear at times when we we were passing it about at the back - as we have done in recent years - that the management team were keen for them to hurry up and get the ball up the park. Will be interesting to see if that's a sign of things to come. 

45 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Stream quality was brilliant to be fair. 

Sammon took his goal well and there was some decent link up play in the first half, and Scougall and Cawley looked dangerous breaking on the counter, but defensively it’s still a bit of a shambles. 

Stupid foul from Church for their 1st and he looked pretty suspect all half to be honest

Suspect… and that’s being fair!

I will say early days yet. 

Injecting a bit of urgency into a friendly is a tough ask with so many new players feeling out their teammates.

Sammon with a clinical finish and we've yet to concede from open play. Can't wait for the title party.

I flitted in and out of this whilst watching Ukraine game, good quality video. It was as experimental as I expected, and I think that's the main reason these games are closed door.

Sammon offered a decent presence up top. We have enough good players behind him so if he can be in the right place and convert, all good.

The rest I read pretty much nothing into, as its clearly just the manager assessing the squad at his disposal.

Don't know much about King and Armstrong (I'm sure someone will be on soon to dismiss them as 'jobbers'), but midfield and an experienced left back were two weaknesses IMO, so good on that front.

I see Armstrong also plays centre back, doesn't look like we'll be short of numbers for that position. 😁 

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I flitted in and out of this whilst watching Ukraine game, good quality video. It was as experimental as I expected, and I think that's the main reason these games are closed door.

Sammon offered a decent presence up top. We have enough good players behind him so if he can be in the right place and convert, all good.

The rest I read pretty much nothing into, as its clearly just the manager assessing the squad at his disposal.

C'mon Ukraine!