The Alloa Athletic Thread

11 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

I applaud the fact that LeodhasXD has single handedly kept the OS going, been the cameraman for the games ans all other things he does.

But if he is covering 6 disciplines, wouldn't it be easier with 2 people covering 3 or 3 people covering 2 disciplines?  This way, if someone is not available for whatever reason, the shortfall can be covered.

Where as, if LeodhasXD isn't available, all the eggs that were in one basket are no longer available.  Why have a dog and bark yourself?  

Think you've just applied mate!🤣

On 22/06/2021 at 21:12, laughing gravie said:

And despite all the smoke and mirrors, year after year, we still look like the least informed team in Scotland.

With a management set up that seem only interested in taking our cash and giving very little in return.

As a Clyde fan, I look at Alloa and wish we were kept as informed as you lot.We are fan owned in name only, it’s merely an initiative to get us to fling more money into a black hole.

Fairly recently the club appointed a recruitment manager on a salary without any say so from the “owners”, none of us have been happy with the recruitment policy. The relationship between him and Danny Lennon is hazy - does he recommend players who come in on trial and Danny has the final say? As a seasoned lower league manager, you’d think that Danny would have better up his own sleeve than Rangers unders that have never played a first team game. Yet this guy is being paid by the club with no explanation to the owners as to his day-to-day or methods.

Thats just one example of our shambles. “Fan-owned” my arse. I always thought Alloa have been really well ran in comparison.

23 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

As a Clyde fan, I look at Alloa and wish we were kept as informed as you lot.We are fan owned in name only, it’s merely an initiative to get us to fling more money into a black hole.

Fairly recently the club appointed a recruitment manager on a salary without any say so from the “owners”, none of us have been happy with the recruitment policy. The relationship between him and Danny Lennon is hazy - does he recommend players who come in on trial and Danny has the final say? As a seasoned lower league manager, you’d think that Danny would have better up his own sleeve than Rangers unders that have never played a first team game. Yet this guy is being paid by the club with no explanation to the owners as to his day-to-day or methods.

Thats just one example of our shambles. “Fan-owned” my arse. I always thought Alloa have been really well ran in comparison.

Based on his one close season as Alloa manager I'd suggest that taking recruitment out of Danny Lennon's hands is probably a good idea 😁

1 hour ago, laughing gravie said:

As I said before, I offered my services at the Indodrill a year or so ago, but was informed ( I think it was Robert ) who advised me I wasn't needed.

Jeeso I feel like a recruitment agency. Lewis speak to Robert and put this to bed. 🤣

4 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Jeeso I feel like a recruitment agency. Lewis speak to Robert and put this to bed. 🤣

As much as volunteering is an admirable thing, I don't mind the setup we've got in place. I've built up to this point. Most things I've built up from nothing because I'm doing something new for Alloa Athletic. Can't imagine the greeting that would go on if you didn't have all that stuff.

I've built some sophisticated methods to enable me do all the work and I've not got much interest in coordinating volunteers... which is what would happen. 

When the boys are in training the focus is 100% on that. If we do a player interview or even a manager interview - I've done them before and we'll get a couple hundred views. Every cliche begins to wear after a while. It's not the best use of time for either the interviewer or the interviewee. 

But hey if you want to interview players do what all the podcasts do - reach out to them on social media. Edit it yourself. Some of the supporters wanted to do an Alloa podcast and I gave them a plug but it lasted two episodes.

Complaining on pieandbovril that the club is not doing enough to inform fans is nonsense. We've had a spate of signing videos, teases for new signings, the backroom staff are all updated, the fixtures are out straight away on the website, the season tickets on sale.

I'm busy working on integrating our own video service into the website although I may play it safe and stick with what we used at the end of last season. Stay tuned. The  admin for the season ticket holders is all getting modernised, throw in the changeable covid restrictions and the staff at the club are all working hard.

If you want to see how our website stacks up against others then I recommend comparing some of the urls of other clubs. It doesn't just look nice, it generally runs better than everyone else's.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

As much as volunteering is an admirable thing, I don't mind the setup we've got in place. I've built up to this point. Most things I've built up from nothing because I'm doing something new for Alloa Athletic. Can't imagine the greeting that would go on if you didn't have all that stuff.

I've built some sophisticated methods to enable me do all the work and I've not got much interest in coordinating volunteers... which is what would happen. 

When the boys are in training the focus is 100% on that. If we do a player interview or even a manager interview - I've done them before and we'll get a couple hundred views. Every cliche begins to wear after a while. It's not the best use of time for either the interviewer or the interviewee. 

But hey if you want to interview players do what all the podcasts do - reach out to them on social media. Edit it yourself. Some of the supporters wanted to do an Alloa podcast and I gave them a plug but it lasted two episodes.

Complaining on pieandbovril that the club is not doing enough to inform fans is nonsense. We've had a spate of signing videos, teases for new signings, the backroom staff are all updated, the fixtures are out straight away on the website, the season tickets on sale.

I'm busy working on integrating our own video service into the website although I may play it safe and stick with what we used at the end of last season. Stay tuned. The  admin for the season ticket holders is all getting modernised, throw in the changeable covid restrictions and the staff at the club are all working hard.

If you want to see how our website stacks up against others then I recommend comparing some of the urls of other clubs. It doesn't just look nice, it generally runs better than everyone else's.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Think you've responded to the wrong person, it's laughing garvie that's complaining. Keep up the good work though.

2 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Think you've responded to the wrong person, it's laughing garvie that's complaining. Keep up the good work though.

Well I was just pointing out that I'm not going to start volunteer coordinating.

The rest was of the reply for laughing gravie.

I'm not complaining, I'm glad that someone took the task of running a somewhat official site, especially as it seemed beyond the club's ability.

If you are happy to run all things, I salute you.

Good luck on the coming season, whatever it may throw our way

I'm not complaining, I'm glad that someone took the task of running a somewhat official site, especially as it seemed beyond the club's ability.
If you are happy to run all things, I salute you.
Good luck on the coming season, whatever it may throw our way

Would love to hear your definition of a fully official website considering ours sells season tickets, streams our home matches, is linked with the club shop and has full fixture lists and squad information. Not sure what else the website could possibly have to be honest.

Time to admit that I'm just not going to have the cash for a season ticket for the first time in almost a decade  :(

Best of luck for this season, and hopefully you all have plenty to cheer about.

9 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

@LeodhasXD will any highlights or even just the goals from the pre season friendly against stenhousemuir tonight be available to watch afterwards.

I might not film tonight. I might film tonight. The manager doesn't care about the friendlies and wanted it closed doors. If I'm doing something I'll be testing out https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/wasp-tv/. I make no guarantees.

If you've bought a season ticket you can have a nosey at https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/my-account/members-area/3137/my-membership-content/

Edited by LeodhasXD