The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, Magic Hat said:

I have to say in my opinion those prices are steep. The season ticket works out half decent value but only against a ridiculous price of £18 for pay at the gate. 

Would have liked to see the club repay the fans who bought a season ticket last season which definitely wasn't good value £205 for 13 or 14 home games and then two of them were on TV. 

Not saying it is just an Alloa issue but £18 for League 1 is a rip off. 

Except that you're inventing £205 for 14 games. It was £170.

It was roughly £12 a game last year.

This year 18 home games at £12 would be £216. So it's actually a small drop in price per game.

This year 18 home games at £12 would be £216. So it's actually a small drop in price per game.

The problem with that analysis though, is that the price per game was only £12 last season if you just bought the PPV each game, so really season ticket holders didn’t get any benefit at all, hence why a discount would’ve been nice. Can understand that the club may need the money, and this has been tough for all clubs to deal with, but £18 for each game in league 1 and a £200 season ticket is hardly going to strike possible new supporters as a good deal.

52 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I didn't invent it, that was what I genuinely thought the price was. 

I enjoyed your coverage last season but you are not exactly impartial. 

Even if it was £170, if you take the two Dundee games off, that actually works out at about £14.50 a game. 

It is more the £18 for pay at the gate I have an issue with. 

Edited by Magic Hat

8 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

The problem with that analysis though, is that the price per game was only £12 last season if you just bought the PPV each game, so really season ticket holders didn’t get any benefit at all, hence why a discount would’ve been nice. Can understand that the club may need the money, and this has been tough for all clubs to deal with, but £18 for each game in league 1 and a £200 season ticket is hardly going to strike possible new supporters as a good deal.

Not arguing with that. Just pointing out that it is a reduction in price for the season ticket in relation to last year.

Couple that with the gate price staying the same that's roughly a £100 saving instead of paying as you go. It's buy 12 games up front get 6 free.

Not arguing with that. Just pointing out that it is a reduction in price for the season ticket in relation to last year.
Couple that with the gate price staying the same that's roughly a £100 saving instead of paying as you go. It's buy 12 games up front get 6 free.

Fair enough. Don’t think the season ticket price is horrendous but still think £170, the same as last season seeing as we are now in a lower division would’ve been fairer, and a little more loyalty to season ticket holders wouldn’t hurt.

As MagicHat says, £18 for a league 1 game just strikes me as a bit ridiculous no matter whether we’ve just come down or not.

19 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

I seem to remember several teams in leagues below is, in cup games, had very few visiting fans due to the price the club was asking.

How long is MM going to adopt the ostrich strategy?

Forever. This is the man who changed the club's badge to match his company's one, so don't think for a second he has any real interest in fans. 

Edited by Tamhain

4 hours ago, Tamhain said:

Forever. This is the man who changed the club's badge to match his company's one, so don't think for a second he has any real interest in fans. 

Yeah, Alloa Athletic have really regressed since Mike took over the club. All this back to back promotions, six years out of eight in the Championship, beating Sevco, Hibs, Dundee United etc is all very well, but  changing the club's badge is what really matters.

13 minutes ago, printer said:

Yeah, Alloa Athletic have really regressed since Mike took over the club. All this back to back promotions, six years out of eight in the Championship, beating Sevco, Hibs, Dundee United etc is all very well, but  changing the club's badge is what really matters.

As I was referring to the attitude towards fans your reply is irrelevant. I'll give you a shout when I refer to the teams performance. Possibly worth reading a discussion before replying next time.

13 minutes ago, printer said:

As I was referring to the attitude towards fans your reply is irrelevant. I'll give you a shout when I refer to the teams performance. Possibly worth reading a discussion before replying next time.

The ticket price freeze is meant to subsidise us pushing for promotion again. Worked well enough last time, but this season ought to be...interesting.

Either way, I'm sure we're all looking forward to taking pelters about our ticket prices for the next twelve months. Again. Especially from that roaster who spent a game standing behind someone in acres of space so he could complain about the view.

8 hours ago, Tamhain said:

I had read the discussion. If you think my point is irrelevant then I would say you are likely missing it.

The ticket price freeze is meant to subsidise us pushing for promotion again. Worked well enough last time, but this season ought to be...interesting.
Either way, I'm sure we're all looking forward to taking pelters about our ticket prices for the next twelve months. Again. Especially from that roaster who spent a game standing behind someone in acres of space so he could complain about the view.

Indeed, I look forward to welcoming Back Post Misses. Due to Falkirk recent efforts he should have had a fair number of visits to low altitude stadia since his last experience at the Recs

37 minutes ago, fruitbowl said:

Indeed, I look forward to welcoming Back Post Misses. Due to Falkirk recent efforts he should have had a fair number of visits to low altitude stadia since his last experience at the Recs

I seem to remember him being delighted that he'd never see the Recs again after we were relegated a few years back.

Important to build bridges. We should probably apologise that we've dropped down to Falkirk's level.

If we were still a championship team, the price freeze would be most welcomed.

But we are no longer there, but s division down but still paying champion prices. I'm sure it makes sense to someone, but I'm still baffled.

And despite all the smoke and mirrors, year after year, we still look like the least informed team in Scotland.

With a management set up that seem only interested in taking our cash and giving very little in return.