The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I've just spent 18 months watching Robert Jones trying to do football, Orsi looks like Messi falling over that ball. Anyway, wasn't meant as a jibe, jus that anyone who's watched Sammon for Falkirk knows he's been poor in this division. All could change with a change of club though. 

Ach I know, I was attempting something similar! For all the Morton fans slated Orsi I can see why clubs would take a chance on him, there are some good core attributes there that make for a potentially decent player if he can put it all together. 

40 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Did Connelly look anything like a player for you guys last season?

I thought Connelly had some wee flashes during his two loan spells. Ultimately though, when we desperately needed pace and creatively out wide last season he generally struggled for games. He didn't do badly when he played but neither did he do enough to demand he stay in the team. The QoS fans might think he's decent because he scored a good goal down there but that was a bit of a one off. I'd suggest the Championship is above him at this stage and that he'd be better playing every week at a lower level, but perhaps with the right manager he might do a turn. 

Edited by Waspie

2 hours ago, GMac said:
2 hours ago, Wee wasp said:
Is this the same Steven boyd that scored a screamer against rangers for hamilton

Yes, hopefully he & Ben Armour don't come back to haunt us

Ben Armour is really quite good at returning to haunt his former club I've heard...

Spoiler

:(

17 hours ago, Tamhain said:

On another note, former director David Murray sadly passed away yesterday. A lovely man who contributed a lot to the club in previous years. 

Very sad news I had the pleasure of working with David for several years at the club. Hard working Director. Will be sadly missed. Rip 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Ben Armour is really quite good at returning to haunt his former club I've heard...

Reveal hidden contents

:(

Just have to hope he is having one of his holidays when they play us, had high hopes for him last season but his hamstrings seem to go constantly .shame because he has talent

20 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Has anyone heard when the season ticket prices are being announced?
I guess they are holding off to see if fans will be allowed back in to watch.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/ticket-prices/

These are the up-to-date prices - early bird of course

Just a few details to iron out before they go on sale.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/ticket-prices/

These are the up-to-date prices - early bird of course

Just a few details to iron out before they go on sale.

Ta.

Difficult to commit to an early season ticket purchase until we are certain of any covid-related restrictions on attending games IMO. Not that I believe there should be any restrictions at all on attending Alloa league games at the Indodrill, for either home or away fans.

Maybe on a different page on the website, but if not it would be good if terms and conditions, especially re which matches a season ticket entitles you to attend, were advertised.

Edited by printer

50 minutes ago, printer said:

Ta.

Difficult to commit to an early season ticket purchase until we are certain of any covid-related restrictions on attending games IMO. Not that I believe there should be any restrictions at all on attending Alloa league games at the Indodrill, for either home or away fans.

Maybe on a different page on the website, but if not it would be good if terms and conditions, especially re which matches a season ticket entitles you to attend, were advertised.

There was other stuff on that page relevant for last season but I removed it when I got the updated pricing. I'm just waiting on more details, will live streams be included, is there a maximum number that can be sold - what's the maximum number we can fit with the current restrictions, etc.

I'd imagine we can just about fit season tickets with 2m distancing just now. But if that's the only way to get in... will there be more season tickets sold and will we have space to seat them?

It's helped massively if things go back to 1m distancing but then people can't get their seats. There's a whole load of problems to consider before we can sell any.

I'd imagine there'll be restrictions in some guise until October as a minimum. England have just delayed their return to normal by 4 weeks and we're usually about a month behind them.

17 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Is that the same prices as last season??

It's the same as the last time we were in the stadium. Last year was an anomaly with 14 games. The season ticket is still excellent value when you compare it to paying as you go at £18.  

38 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

There was other stuff on that page relevant for last season but I removed it when I got the updated pricing. I'm just waiting on more details, will live streams be included, is there a maximum number that can be sold - what's the maximum number we can fit with the current restrictions, etc.

I'd imagine we can just about fit season tickets with 2m distancing just now. But if that's the only way to get in... will there be more season tickets sold and will we have space to seat them?

It's helped massively if things go back to 1m distancing but then people can't get their seats. There's a whole load of problems to consider before we can sell any.

I'd imagine there'll be restrictions in some guise until October as a minimum. England have just delayed their return to normal by 4 weeks and we're usually about a month behind them.

It's the same as the last time we were in the stadium. Last year was an anomaly with 14 games. The season ticket is still excellent value when you compare it to paying as you go at £18.  

Thanks, I appreciate it is far from straightforward.

When's the cut-off date likely to be for those season ticket prices? Could do with knowing how long I've got to arrange a heist (PM if anyone's interested in helping).

I have to say in my opinion those prices are steep. The season ticket works out half decent value but only against a ridiculous price of £18 for pay at the gate. 

Would have liked to see the club repay the fans who bought a season ticket last season which definitely wasn't good value £205 for 13 or 14 home games and then two of them were on TV. 

Not saying it is just an Alloa issue but £18 for League 1 is a rip off. 

1 hour ago, Magic Hat said:

I have to say in my opinion those prices are steep. The season ticket works out half decent value but only against a ridiculous price of £18 for pay at the gate. 

Would have liked to see the club repay the fans who bought a season ticket last season which definitely wasn't good value £205 for 13 or 14 home games and then two of them were on TV. 

Not saying it is just an Alloa issue but £18 for League 1 is a rip off. 

No great surprise here.

Have to find s way to pay BF's wage bill

16 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

No great surprise here.

Have to find s way to pay BF's wage bill

Unfortunately you are right, it is no surprise they have taken the fans for granted by keeping the entry at Championship prices. 

Edited by Magic Hat