The Alloa Athletic Thread

Of course I need to know.
If it's a community club, act like one.
Over the years, it's claimed to be one, but falls short IMHO

Community club doesn’t mean you know everything that goes on behind closed doors. HTH.

On 13/06/2021 at 12:53, OldCrabbitWasp said:

After the events of yesterday does anyone know if we have a defibrillator at the recs? If not, maybe it should be something that is introduced whether by the club or by donations??

On 13/06/2021 at 14:18, Redwedge77 said:

Yeah there’s a defibrillator at the Recs

As of at least the 2018 SFL Licensing Regulations, all teams are required to have at their facility a UEFA compliant medical bag (Appendix 7 of the manual, https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/2881/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2018.pdf), which includes an AED requirement and training in its use by designated personnel during games. The same is required of Senior Team practice venues.

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Community club doesn’t mean you know everything that goes on behind closed doors. HTH.

I don't want to know all that goes on behind closed doors.  If I did, if apply for s director of the club.

But if the manager, on radio states he will inform us of 3 signings early next week ( this being last week) I expect to hear something.

Again, the club will be happy to take our money at the gate, whilst we wonder what exactly we are getting for our money.

And despite all this ' nothing said as usual ', I'll still be there supporting my team.

19 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

If I thought everyone didn't already know who we were signing I'd make it a competition

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/first-team/

That's a cracking teaser to be fair. I'm going to spend the rest of my day on your website.

Number three was an easy one. Got that already.

5/6 in the bag. Another former Sons player ticked off. Number 14 proving troublesome here.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

35 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's a cracking teaser to be fair. I'm going to spend the rest of my day on your website.

Number three was an easy one. Got that already.

5/6 in the bag. Another former Sons player ticked off. Number 14 proving troublesome here.

I've got all six lads. Although I needed a message on Twitter from another P&Ber who was also doing it to crack mystery man #14. Ironic given we were talking about him on our thread the other week.

Can you do this with all your signings @LeodhasXD? Ideally on a Tuesday when I'm quiet at work and easily distracted!

I had heard through the grapevine you had signed 14 - a player I have a lot of time for and really hope he does well.

If this were the Clyde thread, I'd make a joke about hearing it through someone that works beside Craig Howie, but it's not. I look forward to involving Alloa in League 1's most boring patter over the course of the season.

30 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I had heard through the grapevine you had signed 14 - a player I have a lot of time for and really hope he does well.

If this were the Clyde thread, I'd make a joke about hearing it through someone that works beside Craig Howie, but it's not. I look forward to involving Alloa in League 1's most boring patter over the course of the season.

It's not you making a comeback, is it?

If not, care to share?

Also, can anyone say wh they think 11 is?

Got them all. Not bad lot there. 14 is an interesting one, just looked completely out of sorts for us most of last season but was an asset amongst a well balanced midfield till they all left (Ray Grant to you lot among that). 

Edited by C. Muir

35 minutes ago, printer said:

It's not you making a comeback, is it?

If not, care to share?

Also, can anyone say wh they think 11 is?

That would spoil the fun.

If it's who I think it is, he scored against Sons last season and his partner has recently had a wean (I believe. Rico Quitongo told me that).