11.    Steven Boyd

14.  Mark Lamont

18.   Connor Sammon

Mostly league 1 jobbers to be honest

Church surely backup to Williamson?

27 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Mixed bag of signings

Mostly league 1 jobbers to be honest

Yeah, I'm disappointed. Thought we'd be signing several of the stars from the Euros. 😉

Overall that looks decent enough, given that we have a good nucleus already from last season. Up to Barry to gel them together and get the most out of them. 

Guest Peter LaFleur

From your Falkirk two, Durnan will be fine. I don’t think he’s good enough if you want to be challenging for the title but he isn’t anywhere near as bad as he’s made out. Distribution is the weakest aspect of his game by a long shot.  

Sammon is a bit of a diddy. 8 goals in 43 appearances in League 1 is a horrific return for a side at the top end. He managed just one goal last season. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

3 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

From your Falkirk two, Durnan will be fine. I don’t think he’s good enough if you want to be challenging for the title but he isn’t anywhere near as bad as he’s made out. Distribution is the weakest aspect of his game by a long shot.  

Sammon is a bit of a diddy. 8 goals in 43 appearances in League 1 is a horrific return for a side at the top end. He managed just one goal last season. 

He was playing in a sh*te team tbf.

Does 5th qualify as "top end"?

Edited by printer

17 minutes ago, printer said:

He was playing in a sh*te team tbf.

Does 5th qualify as "top end"?

Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried about what Falkirk fans have to say about players given the shambles the Bairns have been in recent times. Clearly not been a good place to play football. Actually, I didn't listen to Falkirk fans before that either. I am a little surprised with Durnan though in that we retained two centre backs and added a third when we didn't have a manager. Now we have four. But Durnan has been a good player in the past and hopefully Alloa can help him rediscover that form. Sammon too is potentially still effective in the right role and with the right support. 

The rest look to be a pretty mixed bag. We have to trust that the manager has identified young players he feels can kick on, rather than filling the squad with remaining free agents after missing out on his main targets. We already had some excellent creative players on the books but clearly lacked pace in attack. Hopefully these lads can help address that. 

I'd like to think there are a couple more strong additions to come. 

Not much of a wow factor to it, but not overly disappointed either. Although it is good to see what other fans think, we’ve seen enough players that have been written off by P&B do a really good job for us, to resist getting too up or down before watching them.
From the guys in it looks like there’s new options in defence, midfield and attack- which is refreshing. We knew that we were facing a rebuild this summer, which always come with an element of risk/trepidation. Importantly it looks as though we’ve now got options in defence, which will hopefully allow us to play recognised centre halfs and let Taggs loose at RB again, something that we sorely missed last season. It’s also good to have retained Andy Graham whilst bringing in a guy like Durnan for cover, between those two, Jamieson and Howie, that’s more cover than we’ve had in a while, as well as cover in both full back positions.

2 minutes ago, Tamhain said:

On another note, former director David Murray sadly passed away yesterday. A lovely man who contributed a lot to the club in previous years. 

I can't say I knew David very well but this is what everyone said about him. I didn't know having not been in at work.

Well news at last.The signing rumours were true and  they are underwelming at best,Sammon is finished,have to hope this works out but there is nothing there to inspire the fans.Sorry to sound like a broken record,but i fear for us this season.I think everone thought Ferguson could draw in a better quality player or two at least.

1 minute ago, Alloa 68 said:

Well news at last.The signing rumours were true and  they are underwelming at best,Sammon is finished,have to hope this works out but there is nothing there to inspire the fans.Sorry to sound like a broken record,but i fear for us this season.I think everone thought Ferguson could draw in a better quality player or two at least.

I watched the fitness test tonight. Only two players were fitter than Sammon. 

As an athlete he is still a machine.

Glad to hear it,but i'm more interested in his finishing abilities.His goal tally in the last few seasons is criminal.Surely there were better options available.Sorry but these signings don't inspire at all.Increased budget suggested better quality in my opinion.

That’s the spirit.

I was absolutely certain Mark Lamont had signed for Stranraer? 

Anyway, he’ll very much be a squad player for you. As much as your website says he was integral in the 2 covid campaigns, he wasn’t in the season just played. 

You’ll see a flash of brilliance every 4 or 5 games but hasn’t done it regularly for us. Surprised he’s moved to you in all honesty.