The Alloa Athletic Thread

55 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Good move for Dick and he deserves the opportunity, he'll do well for Raith and I wish him all the best.

Does Liam Dick have  a long throw? Asking because some thought they spotted it a couple of times when we played you lot last year.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Very happy to see he elected to come over to us. He looks on paper to be plenty versatile, so while he’ll likely immediately be our starting LB, where else has he played and how did he do? His interview for RaithTV certainly gives a good impression of him, and he seems to have quite enjoyed his time at Alloa. Best of luck in League One, but hope not to see you next year regardless of how well you do!

https://www.raithrovers.net/raithtv?vid=1447

Played centre half a few times and as part of a three but mostly a left back. He was Mr Reliable and slipped under the radar a lot as he went about his business. A classic and perfect example of ‘he’s a 7/10 every week’. Really good in the air and pretty decent physically too. Thought he came onto become a more attacking threat too as his time passed. I really liked him and reckon he’ll do really well at you guys. Very likeable guy too. 

2 hours ago, footyfan99 said:

Do you think Williamson will be the 1st choice left-sided defender for this season?

I think so, yeah. I reckon we’ll stick to the 3-5-2 and that’ll suit him a lot better too. Like said above, he was coming onto a game in the Championship and a drop in league with more freedom will only benefit him. The fact he’s stayed at Alloa despite interest elsewhere suggests he’s looking to continue and be a big part of the starting 11.

What shape did Kelty play? I think the new manager will have his own ideas about formation. I liked the 3-5-2 we just couldnt score or keep them out at the other end!🤣 What was the interest in Williamson Kieran never seen that anywhere? 

14 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

That was on GoRadio last week if I'm not mistaken.

It already is ' this week '.  Maybe it should be ' later this week ' ?

I agree with you if it was sorted last week why is it not announced early this week? Also I'd like to know the full official make up of the backroom staff ect. I know its not @LeodhasXD fault but the communication does need to be better from the club.

The lack of announcement is probably on me for once. I'm taking a couple weeks holiday, and unprofessionally, I'm not coming in for player's signing their contracts to get pictures.

They'll be in for training next week so if the club photographer sends his pictures on I'll get them announced.

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The lack of announcement is probably on me for once. I'm taking a couple weeks holiday, and unprofessionally, I'm not coming in for player's signing their contracts to get pictures.

They'll be in for training next week so if the club photographer sends his pictures on I'll get them announced.

^^^ scared to announce Durnan. 

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Taking pelters for not coming in during leave? Wha's in cherge here anyway?!

Get them telt to make their own announcements, FFS. Lazy basts..

24 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Fair enough your absolutely due time off, surely the club must have a contingency plan for you being off. 

Edited by liammcintosh01

49 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Also do we need pictures ect just now, surely a couple of lines of text most fans would be happy just to know who we have signed and the pictures could follow in 10 days when pre season training starts.

I want a professional looking announcement at least. Got to make a big deal over any #content.

I think technically a few of them are under contract until the end of the month anyway. They can't be registered until their current contract expires or their former club cancels. We tend not to announce them until they're registered... So we're way ahead of where we normally are.

You'll need to listen to BF's radio show and see if he lets anything slip this week😂

14 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Fair enough your absolutely due time off, surely the club must have a contingency plan for you being off. 

I phoned the club a while back, offering my services to keep the OS up to date, but was advised at that time they didn't need my help.🤔🤭🤔