The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, Sheepy said:

Big Craig Mcdowall is back 😂😂 defo didn’t see that coming 

Wow. Has he been at East Fife all this time?

Got some stick in the Championship as he wasn't great with crosses and was a bit nervy, but I thought he was a decent keeper for us overall. Not a Parry or Bain, but did well enough. Maybe age and experience will have given him more confidence.

8 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

You guys got any good dick pics? 

@throbber

Good to see the squad update article on the website - nice to have a summary of what’s going on. 

Would obviously have loved Heatherington and Dick to have stayed but they have earned their shot at FT. Other than them, happy with the retained list, although wouldn’t have minded Lynch and perhaps Malcolm staying on for next year. 

You cannot deny either of them the opportunity of full time football. Every kids dream when they start out. Both established performers in the Championship so a wee bit surprised a PL team didn't fancy a punt. Now interested to see who the new gaffer will unveil with his career stock.  Be nice if there were one or two bigger names. 🤞

On 29/05/2021 at 16:43, 1320Lichtie said:

Easton and Reilly I reckon

Would imagine you will get at least on of them from what I am hearing.  Easton has tremendous ability but is as frustrating in equal measure at times.  Reilly is a class act who can operate in L1 no problem as seen before he joned Kelty.

5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

What kind of player can we expect with Heatherington?

Plenty of bookings for a start 😂, a guy thats not scared to do the dirty work but also a player with lots of ability, sad to see him leave alloa 

16 hours ago, Waspy said:

Does anyone have a copy of the team sheet for the friendly against Northampton town in 2014?

Managed by Chris Wilder I believe back then. Interesting to see Ivan Toney. He’s certainly done alright! Anyone know how our trialist got on that day? 😋

4DFA6224-FBF5-41D5-BFDB-865C09F6037C.jpeg

Edited by KierenAAFC

3 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Managed by Chris Wilder I believe back then. Interesting to see Ivan Toney. He’s certainly done alright! Anyone know how our trialist got on that day? 😋

4DFA6224-FBF5-41D5-BFDB-865C09F6037C.jpeg

Lee Collins tragically took his life earlier this year.

Alex Nicholls played in Scotland in 16/17, on-loan to Dundee Utd from Barnet.

38 minutes ago, Tamhain said:

Strange to see Flanagan as a trialist as we signed him the previous season.  

Was hardly a starter to begin with though. Be a few years before he shook of the constant injury troubles.

Interesting to see Ivan Toney.
4DFA6224-FBF5-41D5-BFDB-865C09F6037C.thumb.jpeg.c5fe9c12097ce92a591c694dd8b31132.jpeg

Cheers mate, that’s exactly what I was looking for after I seen a post by Northampton about Toney.

Wilder has brought Oxford and Northampton for pre season games at Alloa. He must have fancied the job before Barry got it.

2 hours ago, Waspy said:

Cheers mate, that’s exactly what I was looking for after I seen a post by Northampton about Toney.

Wilder has brought Oxford and Northampton for pre season games at Alloa. He must have fancied the job before Barry got it.

Found a belter from David Glencross of him in a right tussle with Daryl Meggatt. 

832F3B69-91DF-46EF-9D7C-FC2B584168C6.jpeg