The Alloa Athletic Thread

32 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

I do think it's poor its been over an hour since the media unveiling and we haven't seen or heard anything at all, just looks a bit amateur.

you know fine what i mean .

here is me thinking that the club wanted to attract more fans, maybe i am wrong  .

Edited by whereismillar

It’s a club that you look over the years, the managers that have been here… they’ve always been good managers who’ve progressed in the game so once I met the chairman and saw the facilities, it’s the right club at the right time. My sole aim in the next year is to try and get straight back into the Championship. I’ve spoken to one or two [players]. I’ll get round all the boys in the next couple days. There’s a good core of players already signed up. If I can go add a good bit of quality to go and help those players… the players already signed up are players I rate very highly… Hopefully in the next week or two we’ll see players coming in.
Barry Ferguson

29 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

you know fine what i mean .

here is me thinking that the club wanted to attract more fans, maybe i am wrong  .

The home end will be full of the Wee County Loyal this season, so there's that.

Shame this Ferguson horseshit is overshadowing the departure of Stevie Hetherington. Really is the end of an era. Hopefully the plan is to achieve a new disciplinary record next season, and he didn't want to let it affect our performances  :P

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

f**k sake that’s no very good to be fair. But even with Ferguson doing the usual shit you get and hear from Rangers fans, like it does not mean the guy is a bigot who hates catholic’s. Yes you shouldn’t be saying and singing that shit but you can’t judge or hate a guy based off of that it’s way too common in Scotland, sad but true, the amount of genuine bigots is very low and people need to realise that. DC still regularly gets called a bigot and I’ve never seen a guy that loves life and people as much as he does. 

This is just utter pish and why we have a problem with sectarianism. Passing it off as "ach it's just a wee song for a bit of banter, he isn't actually up to his knees in ****** blood" is how these c***s continue their nonsense. "The amount of genuine bigots is very low" is just hilarious, apologist pish. 

Thanks for getting something up, and I appreciate that Leodhas can only work with what he's given by the club.

One small consolation in all of this is just how much it seems to have pissed off the staunchest of rangers fans, judging by their reactions on twitter.

1 minute ago, Dink said:

One small consolation in all of this is just how much it seems to have pissed off the staunchest of rangers fans, judging by their reactions on twitter.

Every cloud.....

1 minute ago, Dink said:

Thanks for getting something up, and I appreciate that Leodhas can only work with what he's given by the club.

Why? I know they've been convinced for years that Mike Mulraney is a Celtic fan, but surely they aren't that petty.

Oh, right.

7 minutes ago, Dink said:

Yeah it's a case of waiting your turn for the big boys unfortunately. Still record numbers on the website for concurrent users. The other platforms that have lead with the impending appointment have a far bigger reach than Alloa Athletic so in that respect it's a win from me for Barry Ferguson Alloa manager even though I couldn't be the one to break the news.

On 25/05/2021 at 10:05, printer said:

That would be a first. 😉

I can understand the antipathy towards Barry Ferguson (both re his history and apparent management abilities), but if we are genuinely after him then I'm happy to back Mulraney's judgement.

The Rangers thing doesn't bother me, even although I detest that club and what it stands for. Any Alloa manager or player starts with a clean sheet for me.

His high profile nature is a big positive IMO, both in terms of attracting players and general coverage of our club. I appreciate that may all back fire. ☺

Agree with printer here. I wouldn't have gone for Ferguson and I'd have concerns about some of his baggage and his previous managerial record. Obviously poor at Clyde and his achievement at Kelty is questionable given the budget. However, the chairman has a good record with his managerial appointments and we have to trust that after speaking to Ferguson he believes he is still a work in progress and that he has learned over the past few years. Hopefully that is the case rather that just going for someone with profile. That's a slight concern but I trust MM and I hope Ferguson is a great success for us. Hopefully he can make a few strong signings as the existing nucleus, while it is still decent, really needs freshening up.

Disappointing about Stevie Hetherington but he has made terrific progress over the last few years, from a fringe player initially and all set to be let go to becoming a real pivotal figure. Some of his performances last season were excellent, the home defeat against Hearts is one that sticks out where I thought he was as good as anything on the field with a mix of controlled aggression and clever midfield play. He has earned a crack at full-time football. All the best Stevie. 

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

This is just utter pish and why we have a problem with sectarianism. Passing it off as "ach it's just a wee song for a bit of banter, he isn't actually up to his knees in ****** blood" is how these c***s continue their nonsense. "The amount of genuine bigots is very low" is just hilarious, apologist pish. 

The amount of genuine bigots is very low, you think everyone at ibrox singing that shit genuinely hates catholic’s? My family is as catholic as you could get, you offended on our behalf? How people treat each other is much more important than some stupid songs.  Yes they shouldn’t get sung and yes more needs to be done but you can’t judge a persons character based off of that. Maybe different if you’re marching in an orange walk but for the vast majority they’re just seen as football songs. 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

DC still regularly gets called a bigot and I’ve never seen a guy that loves life and people as much as he does. 

As a relative of DC, bigot is a more than fair summation of my experience growing up. Ian was a lot different though, always very quiet in the background.

Just now, Kevchenko said:

As a relative of DC, bigot is a more than fair summation of my experience growing up. Ian was a lot different though, always very quiet in the background.

You’ve just proved my point. If you think DC is a bigot you’re off your nut.

37 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Shame this Ferguson horseshit is overshadowing the departure of Stevie Hetherington. Really is the end of an era. Hopefully the plan is to achieve a new disciplinary record next season, and he didn't want to let it affect our performances  :P

5 Tools for Mastering Fear | HuffPost Life

Edited by whereismillar

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You’ve just proved my point. If you think DC is a bigot you’re off your nut.

I mean, him referring to me as 'the wee F****n' or 'the wee T**g' in his presence was the give away for myself believing he is a bigot, but I mean if that's seen as acceptable then yeah I've definitely proved your point?!