The Alloa Athletic Thread

A reliable player, will do well in league two. Would have maybe kept him as a decent enough squad player but knew that probably wasn’t going to happen. Best for both parties. Like said above, not the most complete player by any means, but good work rate and glimpses of brilliance. Capable of worldies.

Think he was only ever signed as a squad player for us but he probably lasted longer than expected and had a few real highlights. Bit like a midfield version of Isaac Layne in that he has some great attributes for his position but struggled to put it all together as effectively as you'd hope, mainly due to that lack of composure. But he can get around the park, can be effective driving with the ball at his feet and also has a terrific shot on him from distance. With the right management and role in the team he is capable of doing a job no doubt. 

Just don't ask the Airdrie fans for their opinion of him. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
19 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

Hetherington waiting to see who Falkirk manager is.😉

Don’t think PG has applied or is even being considered at Falkirk. 

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

How will Adam Brown do for us in the doldrums of Scottish fitbaw?

If he gets game time he will do well . scored a couple of good goals last season but has not featured at all for us this term 

should be a good player for you if he finds that form 

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Ray Grant to Stirling.

Clyde fans will be gutted 😁

Didn't quite work out for Ray with Alloa but a little surprised he has dropped down to League 2, would have thought there would have been better options. 

The 3 away are not likely to be a huge loss, although I’m similarly surprised to see them all drop down 2 leagues.

Losing Heatherington and Dick, on the other hand, would leave a couple of big holes/shoes to fill.

A reliable player, will do well in league two. Would have maybe kept him as a decent enough squad player but knew that probably wasn’t going to happen. Best for both parties. Like said above, not the most complete player by any means, but good work rate and glimpses of brilliance. Capable of worldies.

Had a bit of a soft spot for Adam Brown but just felt he never really fitted in to any of our formations, felt like he was always a makeshift solution wherever he would play.

There are 55 days until the first competitive game of season 2021/22. The official website has been quiet and with a few players leaving over the weekend, I wonder how far on we are with the following -
1. New manager.
2. Resigning of existing players.
3. New players.
4. Season tickets - I know covid has hit clubs hard but I wonder if the club plan to give discount to 2020/21 season ticket holders for the new season.
5. Any ground improvements to help any potential covid restrictions.

16 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

There are 55 days until the first competitive game of season 2021/22. The official website has been quiet and with a few players leaving over the weekend, I wonder how far on we are with the following -
1. New manager.
2. Resigning of existing players.
3. New players.
4. Season tickets - I know covid has hit clubs hard but I wonder if the club plan to give discount to 2020/21 season ticket holders for the new season.
5. Any ground improvements to help any potential covid restrictions.

Not sure how accurate @Wee Wasp's post above is, but if they've already re-signed more than half-a-dozen players then it seems like that's in hand. You can't blame Hetherington and Dick for waiting to see what their options are, if that's what's happening.

I'd be surprised if there's any discount this year, but what do I know. Last time we came down, we kept the same prices to help fund the promotion push...I'd suggest that extra money is going to be needed next season! Already looking like a more competitive League One than the one we left.

11 hours ago, Passionate said:

Alloa were perennial Playoff finalists for a few years there, any idea  how much the club's get from BBC ALBA for the live coverage...

£17k was the figure I heard at the time, but cant say Im close enough to verify that as actual.

This is getting frustrating. No news of a manager, new players or official confirmation of players offered new contracts.  Players getting released on whose say so and rumours of others leaving club. Come on let us officially know something! 

This is getting frustrating. No news of a manager, new players or official confirmation of players offered new contracts.  Players getting released on whose say so and rumours of others leaving club. Come on let us officially know something! 
The season's not even finished yet. Calm down ffs [emoji38]

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The season's not even finished yet. Calm down ffs emoji38.png

Errrr..i think you will find it us for us and your lot , still plenty of time mind you but if any Alloa fan thinks we will be informed before we read it elsewhere 

that most likely won't happen .

Errrr..i think you will find it us for us and your lot , still plenty of time mind you but if any Alloa fan thinks we will be informed before we read it elsewhere 
that most likely won't happen .
There are still teams playing and potential sides you could be taking players from. The current group of players will likely be off for holiday time just now and it's over 2 months before the season starts. It's far too early for folk to be wetting their knickers.