The Alloa Athletic Thread

59 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

It's very quiet on this thread. Any news about new manager, player contracts or even the club itself and future plans?

Don't hold your breath  it seems we have no right to know just because we pump our hard earned money into the club ,  that said 

probably nothing to report at this time to be fair .

18 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

It's very quiet on this thread. Any news about new manager, player contracts or even the club itself and future plans?

Heard we were buying Falkirk so we can use them as our B team.

yep , i remember a bino's fan on here recently looking forward to the renewed derby , would have been good but alas they blew it 

just like the bairns , 

As for who i would keep in the team , i would not want a clearout , the players we have are capable enough but if andy steps up then  we need some decent defenders in pronto .

Williamson- looks better every week in terms of his confidence and composure. Would like to see him play regularly next campaign, but suspect if he continues his trajectory probably wouldnt be with us too long.

O'Donnell- looks good on the ball, both passing play and driving forward. Needs to work mainly on his positional awareness but that's to be expected.

Evans- havent seen enough of him to make a proper assessment. Cant really gauge that through a few appearances from the bench. Obviously highly rated in the reserves.

Big fan of Lucas Williamson. Like Father Barry says, he’s just grown so much this season. Such an improvement to that chaotic (for the team) debut in the Stenny game. The goal too against Ayr just gave him such a confidence booster to really take the game to teams. Going forward, League One is going to be a lot better for him with much more freedom. He’s clearly a player who wants to go forward, think he’s played a lot further forward in the reserves. His defensive positioning has improved too over the piece too. Aided by the fact he’s normally played in a back 5 and had Liam Dick protecting him and him and Andy talking him through the game. Fear too that he hasn’t gone unnoticed. Kinda blew up after that screamer Vs Ayr.

O’Donnell is one who I think could play a little bit more next season. I didn’t agree with some claims that he should have played more than he did this season. He did well in spells but he has a lot to learn. Technically though, very good. Think he’ll be given the opportunity to kick on next season and definitely good enough to take it. Be an interesting one. Could go either way. Hopefully not the Adam Martin way. 

No idea about Liam Evans. Up top is an area we need to strengthen this season as I don’t expect any of Inness Cameron, Liam Buchanan or Robert Thomson to return. So let’s see where he is in the pecking order when a new manager signs a whole new frontline!

14 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Big fan of Lucas Williamson. Like Father Barry says, he’s just grown so much this season. Such an improvement to that chaotic (for the team) debut in the Stenny game. The goal too against Ayr just gave him such a confidence booster to really take the game to teams. Going forward, League One is going to be a lot better for him with much more freedom. He’s clearly a player who wants to go forward, think he’s played a lot further forward in the reserves. His defensive positioning has improved too over the piece too. Aided by the fact he’s normally played in a back 5 and had Liam Dick protecting him and him and Andy talking him through the game. Fear too that he hasn’t gone unnoticed. Kinda blew up after that screamer Vs Ayr.

O’Donnell is one who I think could play a little bit more next season. I didn’t agree with some claims that he should have played more than he did this season. He did well in spells but he has a lot to learn. Technically though, very good. Think he’ll be given the opportunity to kick on next season and definitely good enough to take it. Be an interesting one. Could go either way. Hopefully not the Adam Martin way. 

No idea about Liam Evans. Up top is an area we need to strengthen this season as I don’t expect any of Inness Cameron, Liam Buchanan or Robert Thomson to return. So let’s see where he is in the pecking order when a new manager signs a whole new frontline!

Is Williamson the eldest out the three?

Guest Peter LaFleur

Any news your end of Hetherington moving to Falkirk? What type of player should we expect if true?

40 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Any news your end of Hetherington moving to Falkirk? What type of player should we expect if true?

Hundreds of challenges ... with the odd yellow! 

Aye, it’s been a rumour I’ve heard for a while. Gutted with it. Was a slow start to his Alloa career but he hasn’t half made up for that. So combative in midfield and probably doesn’t get enough credit for range of passing, among other technical abilities he’s got. Stepped up again this season and still had a decent season despite us getting relegated and not having Flannigan next to him. He doesn’t leave much on the park, a player I don’t think anyone doesn’t like. 

Don’t ruin him!

Guest Peter LaFleur
26 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Hundreds of challenges ... with the odd yellow! 

Aye, it’s been a rumour I’ve heard for a while. Gutted with it. Was a slow start to his Alloa career but he hasn’t half made up for that. So combative in midfield and probably doesn’t get enough credit for range of passing, among other technical abilities he’s got. Stepped up again this season and still had a decent season despite us getting relegated and not having Flannigan next to him. He doesn’t leave much on the park, a player I don’t think anyone doesn’t like. 

Don’t ruin him!

Is he mobile and able to go box to box? Daft question but in our league 1 experience I’ve found that the pace of the game is a bit frantic. I know they play different positions but Tidser, who wasn’t the greatest at getting around the park, really struggled with jobbers all over him. 
I can’t promise we won’t ruin him, it’s what we do best.

Edited by Peter LaFleur