The Alloa Athletic Thread

Stream was great for me. It just seems to be a weird thing that, if I log in to the streams too early, the commentary doesn't kick in until I restart; I always just get crowd noises. Weird, but hardly a big problem, although maybe worth flashing up a quick message at the start to tell people they're supposed to be hearing commentary?

Anyway, I had Whisperin' @LeodhasXD on the left channel and @Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) on the right at regular volume, but I assume that must have been something to do with the microphone shenanigans. Did I miss any further discussion of Fitba Fight Club?

27 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Stream was great for me. It just seems to be a weird thing that, if I log in to the streams too early, the commentary doesn't kick in until I restart; I always just get crowd noises. Weird, but hardly a big problem, although maybe worth flashing up a quick message at the start to tell people they're supposed to be hearing commentary?

Anyway, I had Whisperin' @LeodhasXD on the left channel and @Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) on the right at regular volume, but I assume that must have been something to do with the microphone shenanigans. Did I miss any further discussion of Fitba Fight Club?

I wasn't on the mic so I hope I was quiet! Kieren was audible to me.

The general nonsense talk was  about art tonight. Kieren's more refined than me.

Edited by LeodhasXD

4 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Just the usual guys, how did the stream go? I know I'm fishing in a smaller pond this week.

Some concern 10 minutes to go when a manifest error was appearing on the screen but once that cleared I think mine ran ok.

No problem with stream or buffering, strange that my commentary was in sync first half then went 2 seconds out 2nd half. That camera and the angle is so much better than the original pixellot.

1 minute ago, liammcintosh01 said:

No problem with stream or buffering, strange that my commentary was in sync first half then went 2 seconds out 2nd half. That camera and the angle is so much better than the original pixellot.

The camera tonight was an expensive one. QTV send guys out to cover all the Scottish Cup games and he let me use his feed for the stream. 

Edited by LeodhasXD

2 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The camera tonight was an expensive one. QTV send guys out to cover all the Scottish Cup games and he let me use his feed for the stream. 

It looked very similar to the morton game, think you have got it nailed on now, hopefully it's a bit less stressful on a gameday for you @LeodhasXD 😂😂

14 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not really 😅 @Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) can tell you I'm a nervous wreck. Couple cans of red-bull help tremendously though.

I've really got an insight into the work Leodhas does pre match and during the game- in particular all of the issues with the tech etc. It really is a thankless task- phenomenal job being done because every week is laden with problems.

It is a massive responsibility running a PPV stream on. Hugely technical- feel like a spare part because there is genuinely nothing we can do to really assist.

He is putting out fires constantly, deserves huge recognition for the effort and work being done.

3 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Anyone else looked at Leighton McIntosh's art? 😂😂😂

That was pretty good. We usually take 15 mins pre match to compare notes and prep- generally all focussed on the opposition, and a wee bit on Alloas last game. Kieren kept that one under his hat. I was trying not to laugh when he divulged that cracker.

22 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Agreed! 

Defensively we need to strengthen. Ok at Left back with Harry Milne but RB and CB's especially need some improvement.

That was my impression too from the game. Left back really good, but rest of defence a bit vulnerable. Sort that out and Cove aren't far away at all.

Megginson 5 times the player he was at us on loan and for all the talk I'd seen of McAllister being finished, that's the best I've seen him play in years.

Hearts at Tynecastle aside, probably the best team I've seen against Alloa this season so far.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

42 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

That was my impression too from the game. Left back really good, but rest of defence a bit vulnerable. Sort that out and Cove aren't far away at all.

Megginson 5 times the player he was at us on loan and for all the talk I'd seen of McAllister being finished, that's the best I've seen him play in years.

Hearts at Tynecastle aside, probably the best team I've seen against Alloa this season so far.

You are right if we are to get to the Championship and have any aspirations of staying there the defence needs a bit more solidarity. 

Mitch has really improved in the last couple of seasons and undoubtedly can play at a higher level. Huge asset for us. His pace, movement and desire is benefitting Rory who probably had his best game of the season yesterday. Saying that if we could get another quality striker in with some pace it would be welcome. We only have 2 strikers on the books. We lose Mitch to injury and the team dynamic is goes.

- Good accolade. The potential is there just need to keep that level of performance and hope it gets us to the Championship.

Not entirely sure what our friends in Edinburgh are complaining about here, but the mention of ISDN takes me back. Has to be about twenty years since I upgraded from that due to it being shit. Mental to think that some folk are still using it.