The Alloa Athletic Thread

Will many Alloa fans be forking out £14 for the game this Saturday? We have priced this too expensive imo, should be a tenner like our 2 cup games!
It's a cat C game apparently, wonder what we will charge Hearts/Dundee.
tv.gmfc.net

Bit of a tough one which all the clubs are going to face - think your season tickets were £220 for 13 home games (I think?) so just under £17 a game so would assume the average price for PPV for all your games (if that ends up happening) will end up being above £17 per game - although I think anything above £10 is going to put people off buying PPV, I would be fuming as a ST holder if it worked out cheaper, in the same way I would be if Alloa priced ours less than £12 PPV per game (ST being £170 for 14 games).

4 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Bit of a tough one which all the clubs are going to face - think your season tickets were £220 for 13 home games (I think?) so just under £17 a game so would assume the average price for PPV for all your games (if that ends up happening) will end up being above £17 per game - although I think anything above £10 is going to put people off buying PPV, I would be fuming as a ST holder if it worked out cheaper, in the same way I would be if Alloa priced ours less than £12 PPV per game (ST being £170 for 14 games).

It's an interesting dilemma - Queen of the South argued that there was a value to being first in the ground if season ticket holders got in first and that they could reimburse in other ways than just pricing the stream at ST values through merchandise discounts etc etc.

Personally on just a stream I think the cost should be lower... I'd be reticent paying £10/£12/£14 never mind Livingston's £20. Have tuned into Raith TV a few times for their £5.99 while I've been working. But then I have and never will be interested in the numbers to make things viable.

11 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It's an interesting dilemma - Queen of the South argued that there was a value to being first in the ground if season ticket holders got in first and that they could reimburse in other ways than just pricing the stream at ST values through merchandise discounts etc etc.

Personally on just a stream I think the cost should be lower... I'd be reticent paying £10/£12/£14 never mind Livingston's £20. Have tuned into Raith TV a few times for their £5.99 while I've been working. But then I have and never will be interested in the numbers to make things viable.

I think that’s the crux of the ST pricing vs PPV game fee argument, most of us bought season tickets with at least some hope that’d we would get into the ground at some point this season - with buying a ST potentially the only way to get in at all. There is also the argument of buying a ST to help the club(s) at a time when they need it most - i won’t be too disappointed if i end up a few quid out of pocket at the end of the season compared to those who paid as they went. 

I have no idea what it takes for clubs to make ends meet with regards to streaming, but the price point in my head was closer to @LeodhasXD at £5-£10 than anything in the £15-£20 range. Hopefully most of the clubs in the league can find a balance and don’t Just take liberties knowing that the same people will shell out every week - somewhat regardless of price. 

Edited by Barneyw

6 minutes ago, Barneyw said:

I have no idea what it takes for clubs to make ends meet with regards to streaming, but the price point in my head was more similar to @LeodhasXD at £5-£10 than anything in the £15-£20 range. Hopefully most of the clubs in the league can find a balance and don’t Just take liberties knowing that the same people will shell out every week - somewhat regardless of price. 

I'll caveat my comments with this though. Clubs wont actually be making money from it in these conditions. I can't see it for any of the ones bigger than us that aren't in the Premiership. It's just another product to limit the losses and how much you need to limit your losses is down to the club.

1 hour ago, Kevchenko said:

Bit of a tough one which all the clubs are going to face - think your season tickets were £220 for 13 home games (I think?) so just under £17 a game so would assume the average price for PPV for all your games (if that ends up happening) will end up being above £17 per game - although I think anything above £10 is going to put people off buying PPV, I would be fuming as a ST holder if it worked out cheaper, in the same way I would be if Alloa priced ours less than £12 PPV per game (ST being £170 for 14 games).

We were £220 for 14 home games, so £15.70 a game.

I bought a season ticket to help the club more than getting value for money so not that pissed off myself but can't speak for others.  I knew I'd be losing money when I brought it.

I'm disappointed we have priced it as high, it will certainly put a few off, on both sides. 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'll caveat my comments with this though. Clubs wont actually be making money from it in these conditions. I can't see it for any of the ones bigger than us that aren't in the Premiership. It's just another product to limit the losses and how much you need to limit your losses is down to the club.

Absolutely. It's just like admission prices. A few set a high bar and the rest are pretty much forced to follow suit in order to compete.

I agree...a PPV stream market is an entirely different market than attending matches. But needs to be balanced against clubs trying to stay afloat. The outcome looks bleak based on current situation to get fans back in stadiums any time this season. As a result, I'll probably pay the going rate for all the away matches.

Great work with the stream last night. I saw you leaving McDonalds mid afternoon behind me in queue out (assume going back to ground), so you're clearly putting in the hours-  its acknowledged and applauded.

2 hours ago, madton said:

We were £220 for 14 home games, so £15.70 a game.

I bought a season ticket to help the club more than getting value for money so not that pissed off myself but can't speak for others.  I knew I'd be losing money when I brought it.

I'm disappointed we have priced it as high, it will certainly put a few off, on both sides. 

Die hards will pay but highly unlikely to get any floaters looking for something to do in the afternoon when they could just fire on netflix or something similar.

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

I would pay the £15 if it was a camera man and you were guaranteed to see ALL of the game, the pixellot wanders off from what i have seen so far , So what is pixellot worth ? £7 to £10  anything more and i am out  . 

We don't use pixellot for the stream, cameraman and all the game for your £14.

17 hours ago, whereismillar said:

I would pay the £15 if it was a camera man and you were guaranteed to see ALL of the game, the pixellot wanders off from what i have seen so far , So what is pixellot worth ? £7 to £10  anything more and i am out  . 

Did you catch my comment before - we'll have a cameraman controlling pixellot?

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Did you catch my comment before - we'll have a cameraman controlling pixellot?

Does this mean you’ll be controlling the camera AND trying to do the commentary via Spalk on a 25 - 45 second time delay? If so, I fear for your sanity!

18 hours ago, madton said:

We don't use pixellot for the stream, cameraman and all the game for your £14.

Honestly, the commentary on the Morton games is pretty excellent...the camera issue is less so, I know they've fixed the camera sees X and the broadcast sees Y issue, but the posts still make viewing misrable. If Morton sticks at £14, I doubt they'll get the uptake they'd desire...£10 seems to be the overall league preference so far.

1 hour ago, Piemaster47 said:

Does this mean you’ll be controlling the camera AND trying to do the commentary via Spalk on a 25 - 45 second time delay? If so, I fear for your sanity!

I've still got to sort that out. I'm going to ask them what they think about me adding delay. There's always @KierenAAFC to commentate 😉

3 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Worried I about Neil being fit for tomorrow, would also like to have seen a striker come in before the 1st league game but it's been positive in the betfred. Really looking forward to tomorrow!

this is the thing I get more annoyed about every time , no news ..ever its always through the grapevine, a quick twitter comment to let us know instead of hanging out there all the time 

would be nice .

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

this is the thing I get more annoyed about every time , no news ..ever its always through the grapevine, a quick twitter comment to let us know instead of hanging out there all the time 

would be nice .

Went past the Recs earlier and Gary McGlynn was going in. Looks like a short term deal. He made an obscene gesture in my direction as the door was closing too.