The Alloa Athletic Thread

Pleasing to see so many chances created but definitely can’t be that wasteful in front of goal going forward.

Not a fan of Thomson and gave him plenty stick last season but can’t argue at all with the form he’s in just now!

Not sure if it was just me but stream in first half was very ‘juddery’, but it was smooth as butter in 2nd half. Didn’t have very high expectations given feedback from other clubs but didn’t have any buffering at all so that was a nice surprise. Feel the camera zooms out way too far when it goes to the wide shot, not sure if there’s a way to limit that at all?!

7 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Pleasing to see so many chances created but definitely can’t be that wasteful in front of goal going forward.

Not a fan of Thomson and gave him plenty stick last season but can’t argue at all with the form he’s in just now!

Not sure if it was just me but stream in first half was very ‘juddery’, but it was smooth as butter in 2nd half. Didn’t have very high expectations given feedback from other clubs but didn’t have any buffering at all so that was a nice surprise. Feel the camera zooms out way too far when it goes to the wide shot, not sure if there’s a way to limit that at all?!

the camera was a bit annoying , panning towards the subs and missing play , not following the ball as it should and in no mans land , its better than nothing i suppose 

cheaper than hiring that cherry picker ....

Streaming was pretty good for the clubs first attempt. Zooming in and out quickly at times.
Parry pulling up is a concern, hopefully it’s not serious.
We once again started 2nd half poorly. Thomson took his goal well but we missed a number of chances could have been out of sight

The stream was really good quality - sharp picture, with absolutely no juddering or buffering. I’m still not convinced by the AI camera, I’d much prefer it to be tighter to the action, and it does lose track of the ball every now and then. But well done to everyone involved for getting it up & running so smoothly, especially @LeodhasXD.

As for the actual game, we looked fairly decent, albeit never really got out of 1st gear. Some of the passing & link-up play looks really good, but we really need to take more of our chances. I’m still gobsmacked by Liam’s open-goal miss.

That midfield is going to cause any team problems. Ray Grant and Stevie Hetherington really combative and like taking the game to teams. Cawley, Scougall and Connolly though are such classy players. Creating all sorts of chances. That was the best I’ve seen of Cawley in a long time tonight.

Buchs won’t be happy with the chances he missed tonight but so did many of them. Need to get that killer instinct! Preferably another option up top to bring in too. However, to be fair to him Thomson has really taken his chance these games. Tonight’s goal in particular was something special.

Big, big worry seeing Neil Parry in that state. Really hope it’s not as bad as it looks as definitely would need to go back into the market after the performance that followed.

On the flip sides of injuries though, how good was it to see Andy Graham back?! What a man.

All in all, that’s been a positive outing for in the group so far. Have been pleasantly surprised.

Decent run out , could see with the amount of chances we missed that it was going to come back and haunt us.

Thought Murray, scougall and Connelly were all promising and lynch solid at the back, worrying about big Neil but also good to see Andy Graham get half an hour under his belt.

Great to be able to watch the game and kudos to @LeodhasXD with no buffering and got on no problem at all. Felt airdries stream last week was a bit smoother and crisper, it lost the ball alot of times and showed the opposite end of the park from the play a few times. Seemed to have problems when players within 10/15 yards of the half way line played a lofted pass forward. Dont know if it was just me but the play was 2 seconds behind the sound, could hear the goals before I seen them.

It was the first competitive game and it was bound to throw up teething problems but they were very minor compared to others I've been reading about , well worth the £10. 

@LeodhasXD do you know how many viewers there were tonight?

Edited by liammcintosh01

On the zooming and tracking, we're getting a manual joystick to control the feed ourselves. I was watching the game and the stream so I barely noticed it tonight. And I'm bloody exhausted. I might need to stall my trip to Barbados if that's the case. I thought skynet was ready to take over.

I don't know if I'm meant to give away numbers for attendance so I might not get back to you on that. I know Brechin had 800 for their game against Dundee United. Significantly less interest in our wee game tonight.

Thought there were a lot of positives there. The stream was good - well done Leodhas! And the team played some nice stuff and looked comfortable everywhere except the scoreboard. Should have been out of sight well before City scored. Credit to the boys that they still managed to dig it out after the equaliser. 

The new boys are all bringing something already and the old guard looking strong. 3 goals in 6 days for Thommo is huge after 2 all last season. Must be great for his self belief and long may it continue. On a similar point, hope Buchs gets one soon as it looked like he could do with a wee lift to get his season kick started. 

And Andy back too. Almost the ideal night...but for Neily going off. Really hope it's nothing serious as it would be a huge blow for him and for the club if he has another bad one. 

Edited by Waspie

Why would you ever do that to one of your players? [emoji54]
Absolutely baffles me that people do this.

Yeah I get what you are saying, I think any criticism I put his way was of frustration at not being greedy enough to be honest - he seemed to do anything but pull the trigger last year - a return of a couple of goals goes hand and hand with that.

He also seemed to be able to win arial challenges anywhere on the park other than the penalty box!

Do feel the ability is there (as he is showing just now) so guessing there was a confidence issue last year, which causes the frustration! Although accept criticism from the likes of myself isn’t going to help much with that!

15 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Absolutely baffles me that club officials make post like this when we have a 2nd keeper on our books.🤡🤡🤡

I didn't say get another keeper to take Parrys place but we need 2 keepers we can't go with one. Imo Andrew  would do an excellent job but am sure if NP is out for some weeks the manager would be looking to bring in someone with more experience simple imo 

17 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Decent run out , could see with the amount of chances we missed that it was going to come back and haunt us.

Thought Murray, scougall and Connelly were all promising and lynch solid at the back, worrying about big Neil but also good to see Andy Graham get half an hour under his belt.

Great to be able to watch the game and kudos to @LeodhasXD with no buffering and got on no problem at all. Felt airdries stream last week was a bit smoother and crisper, it lost the ball alot of times and showed the opposite end of the park from the play a few times. Seemed to have problems when players within 10/15 yards of the half way line played a lofted pass forward. Dont know if it was just me but the play was 2 seconds behind the sound, could hear the goals before I seen them.

It was the first competitive game and it was bound to throw up teething problems but they were very minor compared to others I've been reading about , well worth the £10. 

@LeodhasXD do you know how many viewers there were tonight?

So Livi on Saturday had 35 more viewers than last night's game against Edinburgh City. 

It's one of my favourite past-times calling that team tinpot. It's unfortunate we can't get a result against them.

Will many Alloa fans be forking out £14 for the game this Saturday? We have priced this too expensive imo, should be a tenner like our 2 cup games!

It's a cat C game apparently, wonder what we will charge Hearts/Dundee.

tv.gmfc.net

12 minutes ago, madton said:

Will many Alloa fans be forking out £14 for the game this Saturday? We have priced this too expensive imo, should be a tenner like our 2 cup games!

It's a cat C game apparently, wonder what we will charge Hearts/Dundee.

tv.gmfc.net

Think that is really poor pricing hopefully ours is alot more reasonable. Think the £10 price point people will pay but anything above it and it will be a risk, time will tell.