The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I don't know why the commentator thought it was Malcolm apart from mix up over numbers I thought he looked familiar and twigged when they finally named Ray Grant. Alloa did have the edge in footballing possession but Gallagher missed a good chance at 0-1. I am still curious as to how Adam Brown fitted into your side but wish we had treated Alan Trouten better when he was with us. Good luck this season and Parry is still a top man.

Adam brown has at last shown the promise we were looking for,  last season he scored some good goals and has improved a lot, he had a quiet game on wednesday though , we had graham,  jamieson and hibs loanee murray out on wednesday, would have been interesting to see them play .

Edited by whereismillar

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Adam brown has at last shown the promise we were looking for,  last season he scored some good goals and has improved a lot, he had a quiet game on wednesday though , we had graham,  jamieson and hibs loanee murray out on wednesday, would have been interesting to see them play .

Adam had mixed views with us and I was one of the critics but good luck to him with you. Read interesting article on Andy Graham-a great player and hope he gets back. Was the loanee Innes Murray?= he had a competent spell with us last season.  Best wishes

17 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Adam had mixed views with us and I was one of the critics but good luck to him with you. Read interesting article on Andy Graham-a great player and hope he gets back. Was the loanee Innes Murray?= he had a competent spell with us last season.  Best wishes

yeah thats him , Adam was a bit of a joke for us , first season warming the bench , i thought he would have been freed , but he has stuck at it 

you guys are due a break , its about time you got into the promotion race , You have Partick and Falkirk who will be favourites though

Edited by whereismillar

3 hours ago, whereismillar said:

yeah thats him , Adam was a bit of a joke for us , first season warming the bench , i thought he would have been freed , but he has stuck at it 

you guys are due a break , its about time you got into the promotion race , You have Partick and Falkirk who will be favourites though

It is a weird season obviously but it would be good to have a real go at escaping L1 (upwards!) and I have to agree that those 2 will be favourites. Mind you Falkirk were last time so the pressure is on them, and often relegated teams don't go straight back up. Innes Murray will add to your midfield.  I always liked Recreation days ( hate new names!) especially when my eyes caught the Ochil paths I used to traverse, pre lockdown and injured ankle. Take care

Edited by Chapelhall chap
spelling error

25 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

So who has paid £15 for the livi stream ?

£15 for a one off live stream is steep 😅 

i know we’re not them: the clubs, organisation and setup are different but the League of Ireland done it brilliantly - €55 for access to all of the games (regardless of club) for the season, or €5 per game. I think the FAI paid for the installation/setup and provided ongoing subsidies, but the fans have gotten a great deal from it and feedback has been really good.

Edited by Barneyw
Spelling mistake

13 hours ago, whereismillar said:

So who has paid £15 for the livi stream ?

Sounds like I’m the only one who’s actually bought it then! The way I look at it is - in normal circumstances, I’d be going to the game anyway, and the price of admission & petrol would cost more than £15. So I’m still saving money really. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Sounds like I’m the only one who’s actually bought it then! The way I look at it is - in normal circumstances, I’d be going to the game anyway, and the price of admission & petrol would cost more than £15. So I’m still saving money really. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Can we come round your house to watch?

I've yet to look at it but I've got two games test footage before I'll recommend you to buy a subscription to our game on Tuesday. It will hopefully run as smoothly as the Airdrieonian's game midweek which was Pixellot.

Livingston were using QTV.... I think that's the same as Hearts, for future warning.

At least we managed one win in Livi

Split the fee with my mate and we set up tv in the garden. Stream crashed for the 2 quickfire Livi goals so didnt  see them. But it was a really good performance against a decent Livi team.

As expected, Livi spent a lot of the game on the front foot, but we coped really well in the main. And when it opened up we played some really good stuff. Ray Grant drove the team forward and wasnt afraid to mix it up- had a good wee battle with Bartley in particular and I was actually quite proud when he was eventually booked for getting involved frequently. Every midfield needs that edge.

Also very encouraging we scored with our only real clear cut chance to that point in the game. We will need to be as clinical as that in the league.

We made Livi work for it too, creating some really good chances and making their keeper work hard as we searched for an equaliser.

Very impressed, not much in it at all.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Livingston were using QTV.... I think that's the same as Hearts, for future warning.

Does that mean I should move Heart out of successful PPV category...I hadn’t heard of any issues. Best of luck with the tests, drop a link in the PPV summary pinned thread when you get it up, please.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Does that mean I should move Heart out of successful PPV category...I hadn’t heard of any issues. Best of luck with the tests, drop a link in the PPV summary pinned thread when you get it up, please.

It's up and running will announce on Monday.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've yet to look at it but I've got two games test footage before I'll recommend you to buy a subscription to our game on Tuesday. It will hopefully run as smoothly as the Airdrieonian's game midweek which was Pixellot.

At least we managed one win in Livi

Leodhas , do you know what games season ticket holders will be allowed to see without paying , for example betfred /league /scottish cup  ?

24 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Leodhas , do you know what games season ticket holders will be allowed to see without paying , for example betfred /league /scottish cup  ?

Season ticket is just the league games. I've put all the youth games on it too (I think).

Because we have to share the 'gate' for cup games we had to ask Pixellot how to structure it but that was sorted last week. 

Edited by LeodhasXD
for cup games

FWIW. Livi fans had the same problems with the stream.Unless its the old firm here with Sky or Bt Sports with their big dishes outside the stadium this will be an ongoing problem unfortunatly. Would Tottaly agree £15 pounds for this was steep, but both clubs agreed to this.Cant imagine either would have made much from this. Got to get the fans back or we will all have to face the consequenses including my team.Good luck to the Wasps for the rest of the season.🦁