The Alloa Athletic Thread

I'm assuming it's that when you email the club to register for the streaming service, as told to with your season ticket, you don't get any kind of response. TBH I didn't really expect anything, but I can see that an email along the lines of "Thanks for registering your season ticket for the live streaming service, we will be in touch with more details as soon as possible." would be quite sensible to let people know that their email hasn't just disappeared into the ether.

1 hour ago, Dink said:

I'm assuming it's that when you email the club to register for the streaming service, as told to with your season ticket, you don't get any kind of response. TBH I didn't really expect anything, but I can see that an email along the lines of "Thanks for registering your season ticket for the live streaming service, we will be in touch with more details as soon as possible." would be quite sensible to let people know that their email hasn't just disappeared into the ether.

Yep ..this , just looking for confirmation , as yet no password or links .

Well I don't do the emails. 

8 hours ago, Dink said:

Thanks for registering your season ticket for the live streaming service, we will be in touch with more details as soon as possible." 

If you phone up that's the response you get.

We've got a fairly good run in terms of setting up this stuff because our home games are:

a) 3rd round Betfred (technically not promised to stream to season ticket holders but we will be streaming somewhere)

b) first real season ticket game is 24th October. I don't think we have a way of differentiating season tickets from cup games this season with Pixellot. So you might end up making a killing on season tickets. If I set up a 'backup' manual streaming portal of my own I can differentiate between cup games and season ticket games so no luck.

I'm actually looking at options based off of what Livingston say on the 10th. If they end up not streaming that game... And it sounds like they might not.

7 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Again we're waiting on pixellot for the coupon functionality. I could direct you to the Pixellot OTT but ours isn't finished yet. I need them to adjust their placeholder pricing, too.

Edited by LeodhasXD

I never got any information with my season ticket.. ..??

I mean they sent it out to my old address twice even although they were given my new address when paying for before they agreed I could pick it up. So four tickets floating around free gratis.

2 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

I never got any information with my season ticket.. ..??

I mean they sent it out to my old address twice even although they were given my new address when paying for before they agreed I could pick it up. So four tickets floating around free gratis.

did you not get an e mail included on a slip of paper regarding  streaming services ?

7 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Well I don't do the emails. 

If you phone up that's the response you get.

We've got a fairly good run in terms of setting up this stuff because our home games are:

a) 3rd round Betfred (technically not promised to stream to season ticket holders but we will be streaming somewhere)

b) first real season ticket game is 24th October. I don't think we have a way of differentiating season tickets from cup games this season with Pixellot. So you might end up making a killing on season tickets. If I set up a 'backup' manual streaming portal of my own I can differentiate between cup games and season ticket games so no luck.

I'm actually looking at options based off of what Livingston say on the 10th. If they end up not streaming that game... And it sounds like they might not.

Again we're waiting on pixellot for the coupon functionality. I could direct you to the Pixellot OTT but ours isn't finished yet. I need them to adjust their placeholder pricing, too.

You will have to pay half the streaming income to your opponents in the cup games including a charge for every season ticket holder you let stream it also. I assume you're not saying the streaming platform cannot tell how many people are streaming it? It has to be able to do that to prevent multiple passworded streams from the same individual.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You will have to pay half the streaming income to your opponents in the cup games including a charge for every season ticket holder you let stream it also. I assume you're not saying the streaming platform cannot tell how many people are streaming it? It has to be able to do that to prevent multiple passworded streams from the same individual.

There's not enough tiers available from pixellot since they have FREE, MEMBER, PAID and soon(tm) they'll have PPV. 

Don't know if you've used Wyscout but the sign-in is similar to that. You have to boot the person off the other device to enter.

I certainly don't have the answer to splitting the income just yet though. It's something I've just thought about today.

Also pretty sure we can get away with sharing 40% after my fees are considered.

Edited by LeodhasXD

20 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

There's not enough tiers available from pixellot since they have FREE, MEMBER, PAID and soon(tm) they'll have PPV. 

Don't know if you've used Wyscout but the sign-in is similar to that. You have to boot the person off the other device to enter.

I certainly don't have the answer to splitting the income just yet though. It's something I've just thought about today.

Also pretty sure we can get away with sharing 40% after my fees are considered.

Your fees are irrelevant I'm afraid. It's calculated on the gross sales and will have to include a value for every season ticket holder you give it away free to unless your opponent agrees otherwise of course.

I've not used Wyscout directly but yes, I'm aware it has the same log in boots any previous log in off concept.

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Your fees are irrelevant I'm afraid. It's calculated on the gross sales and will have to include a value for every season ticket holder you give it away free to unless your opponent agrees otherwise of course.

I've not used Wyscout directly but yes, I'm aware it has the same log in boots any previous log in off concept.

Honestly, SD there's some even more bizarre goings on happening in our Betfred cup group then!

On 30/09/2020 at 08:24, Dink said:

My experience has always been that emails to the fcadmin address are rarely responded to, so it's disappointing (but not surprising) if it's the same for the streaming registration.

25 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

My experience has always been that emails to the fcadmin address are rarely responded to, so it's disappointing (but not surprising) if it's the same for the streaming registration.

Shocking because it's the one of the only things manned by paid full time staff. I've had replies from both the secretary and the stadium manager. 

We give the club the benefit of the doubt often because majority is done by fans voluntarily but this sort of argument isn't applicable here. 

2 minutes ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

Shocking because it's the one of the only things manned by paid full time staff. I've had replies from both the secretary and the stadium manager. 

We give the club the benefit of the doubt often because majority is done by fans voluntarily but this sort of argument isn't applicable here. 

Surprised about that. I've had a couple of replies to maybe three or four dozen emails over the years - some just enquiries, but others work related.

I'd assume I ended up on a blacklist (probably fairly), but a couple of other folk have expressed similar experiences. A while back I realised I was much better off turning up in person.