The Alloa Athletic Thread

I know very little about Edin Lynch but we were a bit short at the back and good news that he can apparently play across the defence. And the manager has shown over the last year that he has a good eye for a player. Welcome, Edin. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see him and the rest of the team in action 😬

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

I know very little about Edin Lynch but we were a bit short at the back and good news that he can apparently play across the defence. And the manager has shown over the last year that he has a good eye for a player. Welcome, Edin. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see him and the rest of the team in action 😬

Exactly. Peter Grant's signing record was excellent last season and he improved the team and style of play. It'll be interesting to see if that improvement can be maintained in the season ahead. 

6 hours ago, whereismillar said:

hard to say how good he will be for us as opportunities to view new signings in friendlies are non existent,

one comment on facebook says we are signing drivel . hardly think so. this new boy still young and will at worst be good backup surely .

I did some testing tonight earlier on. We're just so heavily restricted by the low bandwidth... 

I heard the install for the Fibre is going to be Wednesday though... Not that we have any other fixtures lined up...

18 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I did some testing tonight earlier on. We're just so heavily restricted by the low bandwidth... 

I heard the install for the Fibre is going to be Wednesday though... Not that we have any other fixtures lined up...

Not a critiscism , you con only pee  ect ect ect .   tha mi toilichte a-nis

1 hour ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

Take a bow young man! 👏🏼👏🏼

Your next mission is get Adam Brown to film the game as he'd be more useful up there 😭 

I thought Adam did well tonight, driving forward and causing problems for Stranraer. Only frustration was the old fault of his final ball, in particular when he skinned two men and got into a great position then tried a very ambitious cross that went nowhere. But all in all he was good and looks to be continuing to progress. Good for him. 

Decent enough run out for the team. Lynch looks like a serious unit and reminded me a bit of Fraser Forrest. That's not a bad thing. Going to be a big jump from not playing first team football previously to the Championship but he looked physically strong and pretty comfortable on the ball. Plenty to work with there. Obviously have Jamieson and big Andy to come in too. 

O' Donnell was impressive when he came on, linked up nicely and used the ball really well. He looks to have bulked up a bit too. 

The old faithful throughout the nucleus of the team - Parry, Taggs, Dick, Robbo, Hetherington, Cawley and Trouts etc - looked like they had never been away. 

What they need though is more help up front. Obviously no Murray tonight but we are clearly short on pace and creativity in the forward areas. We need a loan or two like Hastie, Dario, or Aitchison. For all the quality, experience and spirit in the group, we will struggle if we don't add more of a threat in attack. That's if we get started at all next month. 

We need a loan or two like Hastie, Dario, or Aitchison. For all the quality, experience and spirit in the group, we will struggle if we don't add more of a threat in attack.

Very much this. We've done well the last few years with signing hungry young strikers with pace and a bit of quality, but we certainly need at least one and preferably more this year.

I like that we have added Jamieson, Grant and Lynch to the squad. The overall age of our signed/established players, wonderful though they are, is high and adding a few promising younger players is sensible.