The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 25/08/2020 at 14:45, LeodhasXD said:

He's turning into Zidane before I've even seen him play a competitive game.

I hear we have one or two really good young players on the bench that should be making a push this year.  My mate told me two of them  have been offered full time football but have stayed to try and break in to the first team

Great communication from the club regards this friendly, or tbf in general. The social media is almost non existent.

Score was 3-2 Killie through two late goals. 

The young full back from our youth academy played a significant amount and impressed. 

Played with 1 up top so maybe a system change this season? Or maybe just personell available 🤷🏽‍♂️

There's no need to post any information, but there surely is a benefit to keeping fans updated and engaged with information on the club. Particularly at a time when it's been so long since fans had any actual football to engage with.

Not meant as a pop at the guy who does our social media work, more a comment that the club can be a little slow in releasing information. Having someone managing social media engagement well, and having an updated website all becomes largely redundant without meaningful content to engage with.

I'm not disputing the hard work that goes in to the digital media side, but there is certainly more that the club could be releasing to build up a bit of hype and excitement for the upcoming season.

Also there's a big difference between what the club needs to release, and what it could release to engage the support.

2 hours ago, Dink said:

I'm not disputing the hard work that goes in to the digital media side, but there is certainly more that the club could be releasing to build up a bit of hype and excitement for the upcoming season.

Also there's a big difference between what the club needs to release, and what it could release to engage the support.

Agreed. Alloa hadn't played a match since March. Surely this was the longest break between games since WW2? Totally accept that the club maybe didn't want to say much before in case lots of people turned up, but saying nothing at all and still saying nothing a day later seems a bit like a missed opportunity in the circumstances. Hopefully we'll hear a bit more over the next couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Lewis takes a lot of his own time working on the website along with holding down a full time job. Other clubs have a full time Person doing the website twitter Facebook media etc. We don't have that. Am sure going forward we will see more changes in all of the above 

Think Dink made it clear already that fans appreciate the hard work done on the social media side. Everyone knows that volunteers put in a lot of work in their own time at different levels of the club. 

Think Dink made it clear already that fans appreciate the hard work done on the social media side. Everyone knows that volunteers put in a lot of work in their own time at different levels of the club. 
Absolutely, it's not about what Lewis is doing (from what I can see that's all very good) it's about what the club are providing him to put up on the website or Twitter. This isn't about having a go at anyone, or at the club it's just commenting on an area that could be improved.

2 hours ago, Waspie said:

Totally accept that the club maybe didn't want to say much before in case lots of people turned up

exactly , its understandable if a crowd (small even ) turn up to try to get a view it could mean trouble

agus tapadh leibh Lewis .

Edited by whereismillar

Can understand lack of publicity, particularly in current climate. But there is a balance there that really needs to be met in terms of keeping starved supporters updated. I cant see us getting into the early games so think its key that a steady stream of regular information is provided over next month or so.

Watched the game through the gate, couldn't see the full pitch. But the setup at the ground looks very restrictive which the club should be commended for. Every ball that left the field of play was sanitised by youth players. Looked a good game too with 4 goals in the last 10 minutes. Trouten scored with a great header for the 2nd Alloa goal and Ray Grant looked pretty lively.

Can understand lack of publicity, particularly in current climate. But there is a balance there that really needs to be met in terms of keeping starved supporters updated. I cant see us getting into the early games so think its key that a steady stream of regular information is provided over next month or so.
Watched the game through the gate, couldn't see the full pitch. But the setup at the ground looks very restrictive which the club should be commended for. Every ball that left the field of play was sanitised by youth players. Looked a good game too with 4 goals in the last 10 minutes. Trouten scored with a great header for the 2nd Alloa goal and Ray Grant looked pretty lively.

Slightly jealous I didn’t think of father,s plan. Looking at the reports sounds the new players performance was positive. Looking at third goal we lost was pretty soft.

We are about to start another season and once again any comment that is made about the club in a constructive criticism or disparaging way is meet by the barrage of criticism from the narcissists. Funny kille media could post about game.

On 04/09/2020 at 00:07, whereismillar said:

Bookmarked for my dotage. Looks like it'll hide an adult nappy and comes with built-in support stockings. What's not to like?

Also, I've worn more embarrassing costumes at the Recs than that, and nobody said a word  :ph34r: