The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

We all knew he was coming  here it was a matter of when . everyone bar you knew this .

Not really sure what your point is? I'm not an Alloa fan and I couldn't care less whether you've signed him or not. I'd never heard of him until I looked him up after the first post. I'm just amused at the nature of the demand to know why you haven't announced signing someone you haven't signed yet. It's perfectly obviously another needless dig at LeodhasXD whatever the guy's agenda is..

Edited by Skyline Drifter

49 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's perfectly obviously another needless dig at LeodhasXD whatever the guy's agenda is..

Pretty sure it's a boy Glencross that does the website, not LeodhasXD, he won't be allowed to post until website surely?

Not sure why you think I have an "agenda" because I raised an opinion of how he runs a Twitter page. 🤷🏽‍♂️ #FreeSpeech 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not really sure what your point is? I'm not an Alloa fan and I couldn't care less whether you've signed him or not. I'd never heard of him until I looked him up after the first post. I'm just amused at the nature of the demand to know why you haven't announced signing someone you haven't signed yet. It's perfectly obviously another needless dig at LeodhasXD whatever the guy's agenda is..

just pointing out that you dont have to claim ITK  in this case .

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Could be a dig at me. My names on the website now after all. But like you said we've not signed anybody. 

Personally I think it shows decorum to not talk about other club's players. But it has been kicking about for two weeks.

5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Could be a dig at me. My names on the website now after all. But like you said we've not signed anybody. 

Personally I think it shows decorum to not talk about other club's players. But it has been kicking about for two weeks.

Again thought the boy Glencross done website. Maybe the old one? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I understand the "decorum" but he's pictured training with us so thought it was a done deal, hopefully confirmed in next couple days.

53 minutes ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

Again thought the boy Glencross done website. Maybe the old one? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I understand the "decorum" but he's pictured training with us so thought it was a done deal, hopefully confirmed in next couple days.

He was pictured training and pictured wearing the shirt ...how much confirmation do you need  ?

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

of course not ,but its obvious its a done deal .

I'm sure it is but no club with any sense is going to officially publish confirmation of a signing without a signed contract lodged or about to be lodged with the SFA. I dont think many domestic loans will be confirmed anytime soon. There isnt any point. Lower division clubs arent actually playing and for the moment they can continue to sit on the Premiership club's bench or fill in for injuries. They couldnt do that if already on loan. I imagine there are a pile of loans agreed across loads of clubs that will likely go through at the back end of September. Its not like a normal season where all levels start at the same time this year. 

Of course there is nothing to stop potential loanees joining in training.

1 hour ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Why is it every season do Alloa always seem to be the so late in selling our new kits, in these times you think any money coming into the club is much needed. Also think we badly need a good online shop and not a poor cast off shop site with pendle.

Would love to see the money they save by using Pendle, spent on an online shop but going by the "club shop in a box" we have on game days I don't hold much hope. 

Maybe scope with new website, fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Why is it every season do Alloa always seem to be the so late in selling our new kits, in these times you think any money coming into the club is much needed. Also think we badly need a good online shop and not a poor cast off shop site with pendle.

I think the kit's been held up by sponsors this year and noones in a rush due to the delayed start to the season.

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/killie-ltd-our-latest-range-of-leisurewear/

If we did something like that how many would buy? There's so many moving parts at this point of the season but there is functionality on the website already built in for selling products.

I think it would have to exist besides a pendle shop. I'm actually quite fond of Pendles kits. Compared to what it was in the past the quality is a lot better and the obvious, they're great value for money.