The Alloa Athletic Thread

At the risk of sounding billy big baws, I think Alloa is probably a better envirnonment for players making the step up from league 1.
Pars will generally have players with bigger or similar reputations already at the club and the player from league 1 has to compete with a player or earn their place from the bench first. Being made to feel a bit more special and starting games as a new signing can encourage players to perform better and settle easier.
Yeah, there's definitely something in that. We've got a tried and tested team unit with a lot of good, experienced footballers. The dressing room is, by all accounts, a very good one.

Loanees seem to thrive at Alloa with a lot of them getting good full-time moves out if it (O'Hara, Zanatta etc).

For a young defender in particular it's a great place to get good level competitive experience playing alongside the likes of Andy Graham and Taggs.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Relevant tweet.

The awkward moment when you realise that LeodhasXD is the twitter guy.

Not sure if the relevance of a Wendy's tweet but as a fan I have genuine issue with the tone of your tweets. I feel its disrespectful and childish, not the banter I'm guessing you think it is.

14 minutes ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

The awkward moment when you realise that LeodhasXD is the twitter guy.

Not sure if the relevance of a Wendy's tweet but as a fan I have genuine issue with the tone of your tweets. I feel its disrespectful and childish, not the banter I'm guessing you think it is.

It is very relevant. Wendy's has an excellent brand voice that reaches far beyond where their business operates and since their strategy has led to year on year growth in their business...

That tweet has double the engagement of the Ray Grant signing announcement. Hearts fans who already were boycotting Mike Mulraney, SFA Vice President, can have their tantrum but every other fan gets a bit of a laugh from it. Wendy's is the example because they've monetised this exact thing.

12 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It is very relevant. Wendy's has an excellent brand voice that reaches far beyond where their business operates and since their strategy has led to year on year growth in their business...

That tweet has double the engagement of the Ray Grant signing announcement. Hearts fans who already were boycotting Mike Mulraney, SFA Vice President, can have their tantrum but every other fan gets a bit of a laugh from it. Wendy's is the example because they've monetised this exact thing.

Thanks for the clarification on who Mike Mulraney is 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Comparisons to Wendy's is laughable. 

Inverness have banter via Twitter but keep it respectful. That above tweet is in good humour and not the tweets I am referring to. 

Inverness have banter via Twitter but keep it respectful. That above tweet is in good humour and not the tweets I am referring to. 

I think the vast majority of people on here and on Twitter will disagree with you. There’s nothing tweeted from that account that is disrespectful in any way.

8 minutes ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

If it was this one... It was hilarious but it wasn't me. Would be a travesty to let him in the same goals as Neil Parry.

Cammy-Bell-replies.png.c81c49f33f314fd526d04f88a5b91e3e.png 

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think the vast majority of people on here and on Twitter will disagree with you. There’s nothing tweeted from that account that is disrespectful in any way.

This is football, people are entitled to their opinions. Thank goodness we have a forum where you can express your feelings. 

59 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Im not suggesting that particular tweet is out of line but you cant really claim higher engagement as a measure of whether it was or not. Clearly most fans found it amusing but theyre not the only ones looking at club tweets.

Wendys dont have a governing body watching what they do. Theres a fine line between what the SFA and SPFL will find amusing and what they'll find unacceptable. Unfortunately, engagement and fan opinion wont make any difference

17 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Im not suggesting that particular tweet is out of line but you cant really claim higher engagement as a measure of whether it was or not. Clearly most fans found it amusing but theyre not the only ones looking at club tweets.

Wendys dont have a governing body watching what they do. Theres a fine line between what the SFA and SPFL will find amusing and what they'll find unacceptable. Unfortunately, engagement and fan opinion wont make any difference

I had a look through the replies on the Alloa twitter account and don’t see anything even remotely controversial. 

If the SFA/SFL were to get involved in some light hearted posts on a club twitter account that says more about them tbh.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I had a look through the replies on the Alloa twitter account and don’t see anything even remotely controversial. 

If the SFA/SFL were to get involved in some light hearted posts on a club twitter account that says more about them tbh.

As I said, Im not saying anything on the Alloa twitter account is controversial.

You're absolutely right, it does say more about them. However, the reality of it is that they will, and do, get involved in posts on social media from official club accounts.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Looks to be a few missing 😂 think Lewis has had a little tidy up. 

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

It is a Hearts fan isn't it? Surely?

He was at training on Tuesday clearly but since only people that were getting tested were allowed in... He did make the point of calling me Lewis and then trying to bait me into a reaction by criticising the social media. It's obvious he's not unaware of who I am.

My only guess is someone who doesn't like me at the club. No idea who that could be... everyone likes me. Right guys?😂