The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 minute ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

It's all went quiet in regard to season tickets and merchandise for the coming season. Obviously an opportunity to bring in some revenue, anyone heard why there's been a delay in announcing the season tickets?

The threads on the pre-season shenanigans move too fast for me to keep track of - are we definitely, 100% starting back in October? I'd have thought the clubs would want to feel reasonably confident that they'll be able to put on games for the tickets they're selling; they'll probably want to wait until August at the earliest. Could be wrong.

Curious about how much money I should be trying to put aside, though. I'd guess maybe about £150 for this season?

Mulraney said on the Zoom call last Monday that the announcement on 3/4 ST’s was imminent. Complimenting a live streaming service for closed-door games and priority access if limited fans allowed in.

Think barring the obvious catastrophic second wave that puts us back into a full lockdown, we’ll be starting in October with the Betfred Cup and then 18th for the league.

Guest Axle Grease
30 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

unless you have a link for sale please don't tease ... nice though,  sell a kidney type of price most likely

£70 JD sports

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Don’t know if any of you guys have seen it on twitter but a few sources saying Kevin O’Hara is close to a move to Lincoln City. 

Bit of a groaner, but I didn't realise that Lincoln are back up in the third tier down south. Can't really argue with that.

Good luck to him. Hope he scores a hatful.

looks like it (not signed yet) has split their Fans and upset some of them, poor dears, 

If they play him right they will have a good player more than good enough for them , but if the fans get on his back (and they most likely will 

they may not get the best of him .

14 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

looks like it (not signed yet) has split their Fans and upset some of them, poor dears, 

If they play him right they will have a good player more than good enough for them , but if the fans get on his back (and they most likely will 

they may not get the best of him .

I heard he's a cracking winger. Put him on the sidelines where he can do the real damage.

Not sure I agree with that, Waspie. I think McManus has more to his game and is more consistent. He doesn't have the pace and explosive ability of O'Hara though. I actually think they will complement each other and may do very well as a pair.

I'd far rather O'Hara than McManus, better all round player. 

31 minutes ago, printer said:

Not sure I agree with that, Waspie. I think McManus has more to his game and is more consistent. He doesn't have the pace and explosive ability of O'Hara though. I actually think they will complement each other and may do very well as a pair.

demolition expert?

13 hours ago, printer said:

I've never been particularly fond of McManus I'd have to admit and that could be clouding my judgement. However, if he had been playing up front for Alloa last season I don't think he would have brought as much to the team as O'Hara did. Not convinced he'd have scored as many goals in our team either. More consistent fair enough, he has had a few decent seasons compared to O'Hara's one excellent 3/4 of a season. But if O'Hara can maintain that form then he brings pace, strength, goals, and a ferocious workrate. I don't think McManus has as many attributes. Agree that they might do well together.