The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Don't think he's good enough for the top flight 

Obviously not, which is why he's rejected a new contract from the club which finished 5th in the top flight having been linked with the club which finished 3rd in the top flight for months.

16 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Neil Parry and Andy Graham both resigning is a great start - now to get the rest of the squad to put pen to paper.

Almost had a heart attack there, before realising my mistake.

On 22/05/2020 at 15:12, weetoonlad said:

The doors always open for you to have a go!!!!!! 

I've seen you give that answer before when it's pointed out you're not very good on the tannoy. Does this mean you're just filling in until the club finds somebody more capable?

Cawley, hetherington, robertson . nice work.... this talk of zanatta i cant see it ,full time team will take him, would be good though.

I would rather have O’Hara.

I'd take both.

Expect both will end up with full-time deals, unless O'Hara is enjoying life at Alloa and wants to run it for another year. I believe he's been doing some coaching/community work with the SFA.

I would rather have O’Hara.

Great to see the core of the squad signed up for next season. As witnessed under Danny Lennon when you lose nucleus of a squad and have to rebuild to much to quickly.

Hopefully Ohara and Flanny will sign up soon. Zanatta would be the icing on the cake.

I don't think there is any prospect of Dario coming back. O'Hara most unlikely too, unless the scenario mentioned above by printer suits him. But the boy was clear he wanted to do well at Alloa to earn a move back full-time and he should have options based on his excellent form. 

All the other signing news is tremendous, so many absolute stalwarts and class acts coming back for more. With one very obvious exception. As the youth of today say - Announce Flanny ffs. 

Gutted about Lamie 😁

1 minute ago, Polarbear said:

Where is everyone getting the signing info from?  nothing on the OS

They have been drip feeding them out on the club twitter. 

Parry, Taggart, Dick, Graham, Robertson, Hetherington, Brown, Malcolm, Cawley, Buchanan, Trouten and Thomson confirmed. 

Just now, Waspy said:

Club Twitter account

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

They have been drip feeding them out on the club twitter. 

Parry, Taggart, Dick, Graham, Robertson, Hetherington, Brown, Malcolm, Cawley, Buchanan, Trouten and Thomson confirmed. 

Ta, I'm not on twitter.  Might need to register.

I don’t think O’Hara will be here next season but that was some tease by the Twitter account with the Thompson announcement.

Agree with the Zanatta statement above too. He’ll be wanting to stay FT, don’t see any change as to why he’d want to drop PT having never played it.

Getting Flannigan signed up for next season is the big one I’m waiting for too.