The Alloa Athletic Thread

10 hours ago, whereismillar said:

did you not stream the development games live ? i would pay but prefer to buy season ticket..is the problem collecting the payment for the stream ?

Yeah that's exactly it. That and geoblocking requirements (not streaming in the UK and Ireland until after midnight)

13 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Are you thinking along the lines of staggered start times? Might struggle with support for that one I would guess, but can see how it would be beneficial for sharing services.

How different is the set up from turning what you do now in to a live feed? For instance, would you have the capability to switch between cameras/show replays?

Generally I think there is potential in Championship for streaming games but only really as a stop gap. Struggle to see a way of numbers being high enough for any clubs to sustain it as a model for an extended period.

Then again, remember the whole SPL TV plan from years ago? Would be ideal for this!

I'd need to buy a switcher for multiple cameras - this switcher I'm going to add to my setup at some point (Atem mini pro) this  only has HDMI inputs which tends to limit the length you can send them but suits me- the BBC and professional cameras all use SDI. That'll get better quality than the cheap and nasty capture card I've got too. There's still some motion blur looking effect when I'm panning which irritates me.

At the minute I'm on my own so during the games I've streamed I've only used a basic scoreboard and it's ridiculously hard to do replays while operating a camera - but if I'm just a match controller I can have more freedom with that stuff. Certainly I could run replays in an even more sophisticated way and go frame by frame for a bad tackle or a dodgy offside with the setup I have just now.

In terms of graphics one of the things I'm quite proud of is the team lines. They take as long as it takes me to type to generate. So doing them on the fly is 👌.  I'm quite tempted to add one for scoring goals. Like Alan trouten - face appears and his goals for the season - or a wee stat that says 3 goals in 3 games or something. Again stuff that I can generate on the fly.

Edited by LeodhasXD

7 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'd need to buy a switcher for multiple cameras - this switcher I'm going to add to my setup at some point (Atem mini pro) this  only has HDMI inputs which tends to limit the length you can send them but suits me- the BBC and professional cameras all use SDI. That'll get better quality than the cheap and nasty capture card I've got too. There's still some motion blur looking effect when I'm panning which irritates me.

At the minute I'm on my own so during the games I've streamed I've only used a basic scoreboard and it's ridiculously hard to do replays while operating a camera - but if I'm just a match controller I can have more freedom with that stuff. Certainly I could run replays in an even more sophisticated way and go frame by frame for a bad tackle or a dodgy offside with the setup I have just now.

In terms of graphics one of the things I'm quite proud of is the team lines. They take as long as it takes me to type to generate. So doing them on the fly is 👌.  I'm quite tempted to add one for scoring goals. Like Alan trouten - face appears and his goals for the season - or a wee stat that says 3 goals in 3 games or something. Again stuff that I can generate on the fly.

I think you do a fantastic job already. Your club should be proud of you and other clubs should take note! Keep up the good work.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Top man brought the exposure of the club on 100% over the last few years 

On 21/05/2020 at 10:16, LeodhasXD said:

In the absence of fans at grounds seemingly anytime soon would you be happy watching it on a streaming service?

I’d sign up for this in a heartbeat. Whether it be a season ticket or a game-by-game basis, I’d happily watch every week until we’re allowed back into grounds.

Hi Lads - hope you're all well. Just dropping in to say I have just created a new Scottish Football magazine and Callum Tapping features in the first issue. He talks about his career to date and we spoke a bit about his time at Alloa, however brief! - it is a really good and interesting read! If you're interested, you can order via the link below: 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scottkelly/stonewaller-magazine-number-1?ref=project_build

7 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Light at the end of the tunnel with this and hopefully some extension announcements tomorrow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8400783/Scottish-Championship-clubs-set-play-nine-games-new-season-begin-October.html

Wouldn’t believe too much written in theDaily Mail 

44 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Wouldn’t believe too much written in theDaily Mail 

It's certainly not a paper I like, but its fitba' reporting is often more accurate than the hysterical nonsense you tend to get in the redtops.

17 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Taggs now too. Class.

Fantastic start tonight with three stalwarts signed up. Great players and leaders too. Flanny another of that ilk and really hoping he can be retained too.

In general, as many of that established nucleus we have that stay on the better. They might all be getting a bit older, but getting them signed up and building around them remains a sound plan.

There is always a concern each summer that the team might break up very quickly as happened under Danny Lennon in 2015. As such, getting Graham, Parry and Taggart signed early is very encouraging.