The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 07/05/2020 at 15:42, weetoonlad said:

The SPFL are working hard for all clubs not just a Few 

You've posted some whoppers on here, but nobody's believing that one.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

In the absence of fans at grounds seemingly anytime soon would you be happy watching it on a streaming service?

I've been thinking of you every time the subject of streaming comes up. Not in a creepy way, like.

I'd pay extra for a streaming service for the games. That's been true for a while anyway; there's been a fair few Saturdays when I've been stuck at work and would've loved to have our match on in the background. It's nice hearing what's going on everywhere on Open All Mics, but I think the customers get fed up with me yelling, "BOLLOCKS TO YOUR CELTGERS, DID FLANNY SCORE THAT FREE-KICK?!"

I know it's probably pie-in-the-sky for a club our size, but it would be wonderful if it could happen. I don't know if there'd be any way for the wee clubs to band together in order to spread costs? Probably not.

In the absence of fans at grounds seemingly anytime soon would you be happy watching it on a streaming service?

Probably comes down to cost and quality for me.

I would happily renew my season ticket for next season tomorrow, but would realistically expect any streamed game to be included with that while we weren’t allowed to attend games. If there was no season ticket and streamed games were on a game by game basis, I can honestly say I can’t imagine paying £18 per game to watch online unfortunately. If it were say £5-10 per game then I probably would do that.

I know there’s been plenty chat on the Coronavirus thread about streaming, and if this is what the near future looks like, it would be great to see the teams work with each other to offer some sort of ‘away season ticket’ (home club allows access code for x number of fans through visiting club kind of thing), could be money that goes in to a pot that is split amongst all teams?

On the quality side, the stuff you already do makes me confident that this wouldn’t be so much of an issue for us but can imagine it will be at other clubs. But if streams were going down or constantly buffering etc, it would be a non-starter.

I mean there's a lot of hurdles to overcome, especially as an absolute beginner to all the server stuff, but I've started working on it. I have a diagram of all the bits I think I need just now. No doubt that'll get more complicated as I go.

I hope the league jointly does something though. The guys who've got something established will have a far better idea of capacity/cost.

12 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

on the quality side, the stuff you already do makes me confident that this wouldn’t be so much of an issue for us but can imagine it will be at other clubs. But if streams were going down or constantly buffering etc, it would be a non-starter.

If the community hub idea is a starter then pooling our resources as teams and doing one game after another might make a lot of sense. Say we had another teams cameraman - I could control the live graphics and do instant replay with what I have got just now.

Not volunteering for commentary anytime soon though😂 even if I hate the open all micers

35 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

If the community hub idea is a starter then pooling our resources as teams and doing one game after another might make a lot of sense. Say we had another teams cameraman - I could control the live graphics and do instant replay with what I have got just now.

Not volunteering for commentary anytime soon though😂 even if I hate the open all micers

Do stream your games for overseas fans on a Saturday? If so, do you know how many watch it?

Thank you.

10 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm out if our esteemed tannoy announcer and client of Donaldson's solicitors gets the gig. It's bad enough listening to him stumble through annoucements that he has written down in front of him.

Not volunteering for commentary anytime soon though[emoji23] even if I hate the open all micers

Are you thinking along the lines of staggered start times? Might struggle with support for that one I would guess, but can see how it would be beneficial for sharing services.

How different is the set up from turning what you do now in to a live feed? For instance, would you have the capability to switch between cameras/show replays?

Generally I think there is potential in Championship for streaming games but only really as a stop gap. Struggle to see a way of numbers being high enough for any clubs to sustain it as a model for an extended period.

Then again, remember the whole SPL TV plan from years ago? Would be ideal for this!