The Alloa Athletic Thread

10 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Was good to see a resilient interview from Mulraney last week, although he did say the help of the fans will be so important.

Seen other fans tweet and create stuff, so wondered if anybody had thought the same with Alloa? If there was any chat on how to help the club if need be.

Not in the know in the finances but think   that those are the clubs that are in desperation. I imagine we're still at the point of counting the costs. 

BUT

For us, we won't have players to pay beyond this season and only have 4 paydays(home games left in the season). I can see why Mike's gave interviews and said we will be fine.

There's obviously going to need to be help from the government and I assume that's the first port of call instead of getting the begging bowls out with fans who may not be in any better financial states than the clubs.

I think the option to buy season tickets in advance should be considered . I think many fans would be interested in this at this time to keep the wolf from the door particularly with the lack of gate money and match day income. These are very difficult times . 
It's imperative that the league is finished and a decision is taken on this to allow the prize money to be distributed. Teams may be posturing on this at the moment but this money may be crucial. I would stop relegation and promote the non league teams. Come August anyway I fear some of our clubs will collapse anyway. Promote the top two in each division. 
We have been very well run over the years but I fear this counts for nothing of the income stream is closed. 
Its worrying times the annual Sportsman's dinner on Friday has been Cancelled also the spfl have announced payment which would have been made in may are being paid now and we are a well run club off the park . Thank God

17 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Its worrying times the annual Sportsman's dinner on Friday has been Cancelled also the spfl have announced payment which would have been made in may are being paid now and we are a well run club off the park . Thank God

The SPFL has done what? Did you make that up? Not seen anything to that effect.

12 minutes ago, Mr X said:

He might mean that.

But that's from the SFA, not the SPFL, and it is money we would have got in December 2020, not May. So if he did mean that then apart from getting every important detail wrong he was spot on. 🙄

He might mean that.
But that's from the SFA, not the SPFL, and it is money we would have got in December 2020, not May. So if he did mean that then apart from getting every important detail wrong he was spot on. [emoji849]
Who ever its from its been payed this week move on

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:
He might mean that.
But that's from the SFA, not the SPFL, and it is money we would have got in December 2020, not May. So if he did mean that then apart from getting every important detail wrong he was spot on. emoji849.png

Who ever its from its been payed this week move on

And wrong again. It has not been paid this week. It's been announced with an intention to pay it asap.

On 18/03/2020 at 09:51, Oweny said:

I think the option to buy season tickets in advance should be considered . I think many fans would be interested in this at this time to keep the wolf from the door particularly with the lack of gate money and match day income. These are very difficult times . 

It's imperative that the league is finished and a decision is taken on this to allow the prize money to be distributed. Teams may be posturing on this at the moment but this money may be crucial. I would stop relegation and promote the non league teams. Come August anyway I fear some of our clubs will collapse anyway. Promote the top two in each division. 

We have been very well run over the years but I fear this counts for nothing of the income stream is closed. 

Good call regarding selling season tickets early. I'd buy one. Also considering buying some stuff from the online Alloa Pendle shop. 

On 20/03/2020 at 17:11, BigFatTabbyDave said:
On 20/03/2020 at 17:02, whereismillar said:
Alloa FC toilet rolls ...Yasssss !

Lovely big Binos badge on every one. Quality.

Who would want toilet roll with the crap already on it? 

it will be paid to all clubs in the coming weeks 

Well Troops as football becomes the last thing on peoples minds we all hope in 3/4 months time we are all still here to tell the tail . over the years the club has been run as a business with the people at the top keeping a tight grip on finances . other clubs have started a crowd funding page to help the club over the coming months what's you views

Sent from my Samsung gold 10

6 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Well Troops as football becomes the last thing on peoples minds we all hope in 3/4 months time we are all still here to tell the tail . over the years the club has been run as a business with the people at the top keeping a tight grip on finances . other clubs have started a crowd funding page to help the club over the coming months what's you views

Sent from my Samsung gold 10

Sell vouchers for future season tickets /game entry and or start a club lottery online  .

• 3 weeks later...

Wander what clubs stance on the proposal for the league to finish early.

Like most Alloa fans I would be more than happy to have another season in the championship. I would have preferred to confirm it by playing out the full season.

I can understand Patrick FC position but they are bottom on merit and have been poor for most of the season so therefore they can’t have too many complaints.

However, if we were in the same predicament, I would think I would be creating and expect the club to do the same.

Football obviously a very minor issue in the bigger picture of Covid 19, but in the context of our wee world it's really disappointing that the season came to a halt when it did. With the managerial change on the eve of the season we ended up with a tiny squad until New Year. On top of that we had terrible luck with serious injuries to key players. The players and management deserve huge credit for hanging in and not being cut adrift.

With the return of Neil Parry before schedule having boosted the defence hugely, and with the new loans starting to settle nicely, we were looking stronger than at any point over the season. There was a feeling that the win in the last game we played (ICT) was the best performance of the season and we had Flannigan and Deas to go back in. I felt for most of the season that we'd go down, but things were turning nicely and I was really confident that we'd be ok. Really unfortunate that we won't find out. Even if we did get playing again in June (and we won't) it's a different situation. 

There is no ideal way to sort it out but if null and void isn't an option (and to be honest I don't like the idea of null and void anyway after playing 3/4 of a season) then the system devised is probably the fairest. I'm sure Alloa will vote for it. Would we if we were 10th? Probably not. I'm certainly glad we were 8th when the season was suspended. The biggest winners IMO would be QoS, the weakest side in the league and looking all set for 10th. 

In case any Alloa fans on here haven't seen it, fundraising for the club going on through FB and Crowdfunder.  Top work by Father Barry. 

https://www.alloaadvertiser.com/news/18362201.coronavirus-alloa-athletic-fans-kickstart-fundraiser-support-club/

Agree with you, we were turning a corner and looked to finish strongly and i was really looking forward to seeing the season out .

QOTS would gain 

but Partick could easily have overturned queens in the run in  so it's not right in their case, its all too close to call and a horrible situation .

9 hours ago, Waspie said:

Football obviously a very minor issue in the bigger picture of Covid 19, but in the context of our wee world it's really disappointing that the season came to a halt when it did. Would we if we were 10th? Probably not. I'm certainly glad we were 8th when the season was suspended. The biggest winners IMO would be QoS, the weakest side in the league and looking all set for 10th. 

Partick are the weakest team in the league they have the least points.....