The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 27/02/2020 at 17:00, Waspie said:

I'd put Robbo back in too. Such a steady performer and also vital experience at a time when we are lacking that at the back. Certainly an argument to keep Stirling in the team too and go back to 3 in centre defence. 

Robbo wont be back in today, still got a problem with his foot 

5 hours ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Good to know we made a profit in the year 18/19 especially when scottish clubs making profit is few and far between!

Screenshot_20200303-081557_Twitter.jpg

To be making a profit out of football club is few and far between. Alot o clubs spending money they ain't got, well done Alloa

As we enter the last quarter of the season we are five points better off than last season. We have struggled for large parts of the season with injuries and suspensions. At present I would suggest 9 points from our last 8 games I feel would see us safe in 8th.

Last season   28 games  = 26 points 

This season    28 games  = 31 points 

if we keep playing like we did today we can get greedy, I think we are capable of getting more , but their are so many variations to come .
but recent results good for us , if we do another 4 game win sequence like last season we surely can do it  .

Will 40 points see us OK your views

Peter Grant out!

...ᴵᶠ ʷᵉ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖʳᵒᵐᵒᵗᶦᵒⁿ ᵖˡᵃʸᵒᶠᶠˢ 🤪

I celebrated at seeing the teamsheet yesterday despite the Flannigan being a big loss - I'm convinced having the energy of the two young boys will make us the most exciting team in the league over the next 8 games. I'm hopeful we catch the pack ahead of us.

Don't think I've seen as comfortable an Alloa result as that in a while. Hopefully that translates to the game at Firhill - because I already have the fear!

6 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
21 hours ago, whereismillar said:
if we keep playing like we did today we can get greedy, I think we are capable of getting more , but their are so many variations to come .
but recent results good for us , if we do another 4 game win sequence like last season we surely can do it  .

Who knows , as many as we can get ..

5 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Hopefully that translates to the game at Firhill - because I already have the fear!

They will have more of the fear than us .

3 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
On 08/03/2020 at 12:46, weetoonlad said:

Could have been better if the Pars had held on but a good night for us .without kicking a ball . roll on Saturday

you are replying to your own posts , do you have an imaginary friend ? 

Was good to see a resilient interview from Mulraney last week, although he did say the help of the fans will be so important.

Seen other fans tweet and create stuff, so wondered if anybody had thought the same with Alloa? If there was any chat on how to help the club if need be.

I think the option to buy season tickets in advance should be considered . I think many fans would be interested in this at this time to keep the wolf from the door particularly with the lack of gate money and match day income. These are very difficult times . 

It's imperative that the league is finished and a decision is taken on this to allow the prize money to be distributed. Teams may be posturing on this at the moment but this money may be crucial. I would stop relegation and promote the non league teams. Come August anyway I fear some of our clubs will collapse anyway. Promote the top two in each division. 

We have been very well run over the years but I fear this counts for nothing of the income stream is closed. 

3 hours ago, Oweny said:

Promote the top two in each division. 

I don't think that will work without relegation considered, as for helping the club i am all for it , i have already benefited from the season ticket and would buy next seasons now if offered, that said i am self employed and my income is already suffering , kidneys and selling are words that come to mind  .

13 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Does anyone know @BigFatTabbyDave in real life? He hasnt posted for a few weeks which is unlike him.

I only know one person on here in real life , and he is a jambo , does anyone want to be known ?

i could hazard a guess by his username and if it is who i think he hasn't been to many games  .