The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, Kobe2010 said:

He has done a lot better than Alloa chum.Unless of course Crystal Palace are not better than Alloa.

He was our biggest signing of the transfer window (Sorry...only signing ignoring the one loan). I watch Palace as a season ticket holder, and good grief it's been dire at home sometimes....but my other team is Inverness, so I hope they kick the sh~t out of him if he plays :thumsup2

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Is the club website permanently down , cannot get on it at all for about a week . ?

It's up for me, but I got a malware redirect warning when I went to it just now.

On 31/01/2020 at 22:37, Eagle4Caley said:

He was our biggest signing of the transfer window (Sorry...only signing ignoring the one loan). I watch Palace as a season ticket holder, and good grief it's been dire at home sometimes....but my other team is Inverness, so I hope they kick the sh~t out of him if he plays :thumsup2

I heard he's been training with the first team. Hopefully he'll be up for the Utd game although if Palace want him to avoid that baptism of fire then I can understand why.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Does anyone know why Scott Banks wasn't in Friday's squad? Not injured already I hope.

Perhaps they didn't feel it was a good idea to give him his debut against United? Which would be reasonable enough. Hopefully he will have a part to play in the weeks ahead. Team have been doing really well but more creative options are very welcome. 

45 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Perhaps they didn't feel it was a good idea to give him his debut against United? Which would be reasonable enough. Hopefully he will have a part to play in the weeks ahead. Team have been doing really well but more creative options are very welcome. 

I would think he has a heavy schedule with all the travelling , but he has to make an appearance soon  surely , i am sure the club know what circumstances are involved .

4 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Good to see Neil Parry back between the sticks last night, played the first half, still got a bit to go fitness wise obviously .

Can only be good news.

On 25/02/2020 at 21:07, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Any update on the Andy Graham injury and is John Robertson currently out injured?

Robbo had two steroid injections in his foot due to plantar fasciitis.Trained on Tuesday and had no pain following day.If ok at training tonight should be ok to return to the squad for the weekend.Think Andy has a more serious injury which is crap for the big man.

Robbo should come back in IMO, but then who drops out? Difficult one for the manager. Might just decide to go with the same eleven, but I think that is a weaker line up defensively.

Robbo had two steroid injections in his foot due to plantar fasciitis.Trained on Tuesday and had no pain following day.If ok at training tonight should be ok to return to the squad for the weekend.Think Andy has a more serious injury which is crap for the big man.