The Alloa Athletic Thread

Real pity about Jamie, but it didn't look good the way he pulled up on Saturday.

Main thing for the club to do is bring in a decent replacement quickly, and hopefully they've done that in young Wright.
I would sign Cammy Bell now just freed by Falkirk . am unsure having too young keepers will keep us up !!!!

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

Can only be a good one , DUFC didn't want him to leave 

And 100% we'd never have signed him without Peter Grant. If he has the same impact as Jake Hastie we'll be alright come the end of the season. Quite pleased with this window!

Think we’ve got to be pleased with January. Picked up in form and bolstered our options. Although youngsters, they are very highly rated. Banks is a really interesting one. I also have never seen an 18-year old’s loan move trigger so many fans of Dundee United .. [emoji848]

Only mar on the whole month has been Jamie MAC. However, credit to the manager for moving quickly to bring in another replacement in so quickly.

All the signings gambles being unproven at this level but that’s the market we’re in. Let’s keep kicking on now!

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

And 100% we'd never have signed him without Peter Grant. If he has the same impact as Jake Hastie we'll be alright come the end of the season. Quite pleased with this window!

Yes ! the only question mark is the new keeper, unknown to most of us i imagine, but good business the rest of the season looks better now, will be interesting to see 

the new guys and what they can deliver, as i said in another post we are actually 1 point better off than the 22 games last season but looking at the league table we at least need to be 

doing better than then, no Failkirk to prop us up QOTS look better too .

Just now, whereismillar said:

Yes ! the only question mark is the new keeper, unknown to most of us i imagine, but good business the rest of the season looks better now, will be interesting to see 

the new guys and what they can deliver, as i said in another post we are actually 1 point better off than the 22 games last season but looking at the league table we at least need to be 

doing better than then, no Failkirk to prop us up QOTS look better too .

5 points to 4th place though. Promotion playoff and meeting with Inverness another 2 times?

1 hour ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Great signing for yous, no disrespect but he could do a lot better than Alloa.. all the best to him and hope you lot can keep thistle in the relegation spot.

He has done a lot better than Alloa chum.Unless of course Crystal Palace are not better than Alloa.