The Alloa Athletic Thread

I see on the cup form the unofficial illiterate club spokesman advising Big Andy is out for the season. This being the case it places more importance in getting in player’s as a matter of urgency.

I also have some concern about PG comments that the goals we lost in cup game where down to fatigue. We had a week off before the game. This also highlights the lack of playing squad we had from the start of the season. IMG_0235.thumb.jpg.c67fba63ee830a85f994e79882fa1209.jpg

There is no need to be nasty grow up act your age . spoke to Andy yesterday at length he was getting treatment and got a jag last week which he thought worked but only for a few days so its a opp for him which will be start to middle Feb . approx 10 weeks recovery that would take him.up to may so very unlikely we will see him again this season . The problem is a back disc has moved he was hoping it would go back in on its own but no joy . one thing he did say . if anyone thinks am Finished tell them to think again . am sure PG is trying to bring a Centre Half in before end Jan . Andy will be missed hes our leader on and off the park .

1 minute ago, KierenAAFC said:

Centre half, Ben Stirling, joins on loan from Hibs. Spent first half of the season at Arbroath.

Was highly rated by Hibees before his loan spell at Gayfield, however, I have no idea how he got on the past 6 months.

I'm going to be fair that Arbroath defence is a hard unit to break into with hundreds of games together.

2 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Centre half, Ben Stirling, joins on loan from Hibs. Spent first half of the season at Arbroath.

Was highly rated by Hibees before his loan spell at Gayfield, however, I have no idea how he got on the past 6 months.

I think he was benched most of the time but he was up against Thomas O'Brien .

50 minutes ago, printer said:

Good that we've brought Ben in. I wonder if Grant's going to stick him straight in tomorrow.

Definitely good business to get another option in at the back. Apparently he can play RB and DM as well as centre-half so provides some very welcome depth. All the best to him with the Wasps. 

I'd still hope to see another signing before the window closes though. 

27 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Definitely good business to get another option in at the back. Apparently he can play RB and DM as well as centre-half so provides some very welcome depth. All the best to him with the Wasps. 

I'd still hope to see another signing before the window closes though. 

I think business will be closed on this signing IMO , looks to be a solid player and maybe just what we need , i will wager he starts tomorrow, Robbo has been struggling at RB,  i guess Taggs will be put back to the right  in his normal position . nice piece of business  PG's signings so far have been good (O'Hara Malcolm) and this looks decent .