The Alloa Athletic Thread

peter Grant is as much as saying we wont get much in in january as he say's he is finding it hard to bring in players that are good enough, surely we can bring a couple of loans in that can do a job ,we have done so before .

Worrying if that’s true as we are struggling outside the starting 11 at the moment, and even that’s tough just now when you look at the back line yesterday. Just feel there’s nothing really on the bench just now to try and change a game. Haven’t looked at every week but it feels like Grant has quite regularly not used all 3 changes in games and I think that’s telling.

Thomson is probably about the only one who overs something a little different in that he is a target to hit up top but I still think we look more dangerous getting in behind other teams as opposed to playing off Thomson.

Was good to see Adam Brown doing well yesterday, particularly in the second half. Thought he had it won for us when Fox pulled off a good save after he had already scored.

5 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Worrying if that’s true as we are struggling outside the starting 11 at the moment, and even that’s tough just now when you look at the back line yesterday. Just feel there’s nothing really on the bench just now to try and change a game. Haven’t looked at every week but it feels like Grant has quite regularly not used all 3 changes in games and I think that’s telling.

Thomson is probably about the only one who overs something a little different in that he is a target to hit up top but I still think we look more dangerous getting in behind other teams as opposed to playing off Thomson.

Was good to see Adam Brown doing well yesterday, particularly in the second half. Thought he had it won for us when Fox pulled off a good save after he had already scored.

never thought Adam had a future here TBH so pleased for him as he has came on well this season which is just as well, kudos to him for sticking it out, a lot of players would have left to try to get games at lower levels on a regular basis (Kirkpatrick) and that doesn't always work out .

8 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

never thought Adam had a future here TBH so pleased for him as he has came on well this season which is just as well, kudos to him for sticking it out, a lot of players would have left to try to get games at lower levels on a regular basis (Kirkpatrick) and that doesn't always work out .

Apologies for intruding on your thread but I noticed that he had scored yesterday and the week before? I was very sceptical when Goodwin signed him as he was really frustrating at Airdrie, despite his skills. Glad to see he has done as you say in sticking at it. Is Neil Parry anywhere near a comeback from his bad injury? Good luck for the rest of the season and who knows what the play offs might look like?

4 hours ago, whereismillar said:

No worries ,we were all sceptical about Adam . Neil parry is out for the season it was a bad one , You guys seem to have got your act together and should easily be a playoff (if not outright)

contenders ,you have Ian Murray as manager right ? 

Been away watching Liverpool's reserves beat first team Everton-could do with a few of them on loan! Ian Murray is manager and there were moans in the early weeks of season but we do seem to have got the act together. As to outright winners there is a long way to go but the current top 5 look like the play off competitors. Falkirk have been unimpressive when I have seen them but surely they must still be favourites "on paper"!  Sorry to hear about Neil Parry-he was a quality goalie with us.

57 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Good to see Kev O’Hara turn down some FT offers apparently to extend his Alloa deal for the season.

It's great to see him doing well as we were told by certain fans from across the river he was a Dud, his past misdemeanour didn't help of course.

a move now would be a bit too soon for him IMO anyway

good news for a change , hopefully strengthen the squad soon too .

Evening Wasps
What's the latest injury chat? Big Andy back? 
Both andy and Trouten have been getting intensive treatment over the last ten day. Both hope to train Thursday night and both hope to make Saturday 50/50 at present liam Dick should be OK . John Robertson 150 game for the wasps if selected

3 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Both andy and Trouten have been getting intensive treatment over the last ten day. Both hope to train Thursday night and both hope to make Saturday 50/50 at present liam Dick should be OK . John Robertson 150 game for the wasps if selected

Robbo's over 150. The sub appearance column wasn't adding because the formula for substitutions had been overwritten. But it's up-to-date now.

Yeah, I thought the Morton game was Robbo's 150th so he's on 152 now.

Robbo's over 150. The sub appearance column wasn't adding because the formula for substitutions had been overwritten. But it's up-to-date now.

Don't see any point in rushing anyone back for the cup game, especially with the league game on Tuesday.

Having said that Andy and Trouts will be desperate to play.

Don't see any point in rushing anyone back for the cup game, especially with the league game on Tuesday.

It will be the strongest team possible vs Inverness yes robbo will be presented with his award before the game by the Chairman

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

On 16/01/2020 at 08:32, printer said:

yep ,maybe on the bench for a runout, save them for the Arbroath game and further enrage their support no doubt

I see on the cup form the unofficial illiterate club spokesman advising Big Andy is out for the season. This being the case it places more importance in getting in player’s as a matter of urgency.

I also have some concern about PG comments that the goals we lost in cup game where down to fatigue. We had a week off before the game. This also highlights the lack of playing squad we had from the start of the season. IMG_0235.thumb.jpg.c67fba63ee830a85f994e79882fa1209.jpg

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

I see on the cup form the unofficial illiterate club spokesman advising Big Andy is out for the season. This being the case it places more importance in getting in player’s as a matter of urgency.

I also have some concern about PG comments that the goals we lost in cup game where down to fatigue. We had a week off before the game. This also highlights the lack of playing squad we had from the start of the season. IMG_0235.thumb.jpg.c67fba63ee830a85f994e79882fa1209.jpg

We can only hope that his information is wrong again. After all, a few days ago he was saying Andy was 50/50 to play against ICT. 

If it is indeed true then it is a hammer blow for our season.