The Alloa Athletic Thread

6 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

What worries me about this whole situation is how quickly it has developed , 4 games in and we have a player wanting away ?

their are no good P/T players available out there IMO  and as  D'Jaffo has said loans are out , DKD will find a full time club most likely .

Its not a normal situation though, with a new manager coming in after most of the squad was signed up. Stirling was a Goodwin signing, and the player himself even stated his main reason for joining was to work with Jim. That in itself was probably a risk to both parties- even if he hadnt joined St Mirren it was utterly inevitable Goodwin was never going to last the season at Alloa.

Hes a good player, I thought he had plenty to offer. But if the manager doesnt fancy the player or vice versa- its a frequent occurrence in football and we move on.

Its not a normal situation though, with a new manager coming in after most of the squad was signed up. Stirling was a Goodwin signing, and the player himself even stated his main reason for joining was to work with Jim. That in itself was probably a risk to both parties- even if he hadnt joined St Mirren it was utterly inevitable Goodwin was never going to last the season at Alloa.
Hes a good player, I thought he had plenty to offer. But if the manager doesnt fancy the player or vice versa- its a frequent occurrence in football and we move on.
Breaking News New CD for next home game

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:
20 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Breaking News New CD for next home game

New CD, but is it the same old songs?

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:
4 hours ago, laughing gravie said:
New CD, but is it the same old songs?

No no completely different bud . really looking forward to it feel like George Bowie lol

Can't wait until the 21st then.  I can actually, I was being metaphorical as I don't have a time machine

Alloa played some really nice football yesterday, Flanny is like the Scottish Pirlo in that holding role.

Some fans are extremely quick to get down Grant's throat, especially when we conceded yesterday. Although Goodwin wasn't exactly a fans favourite when he got the job.

That would be a real pity for the big man.

Obviously a huge loss for the team too. Hopefully we can get a good replacement in.

Rumours has it big Neil is out for the season apparently snapped ligaments in his ankle. If true a massive Blow. He kept us in a number of games.[emoji3525]

6 hours ago, Redwedge77 said:

Rumours has it big Neil is out for the season apparently snapped ligaments in his ankle. If true a massive Blow. He kept us in a number of games.☹️

he was holding his upper rear leg which would suggest it was his hamstring as quoted at the time , cant see it /hope.... it isn't his ankle surely ?

if so big blow and we need a good keeper in on emergency loan .