The Alloa Athletic Thread

A great signing. He can be a bit frustrating, often takes the wrong option, is a bit raw, and sometimes try to do everything himself; but he never stops working, has good pace, bags of skill, and will get you goals out of nothing.

He was a massive part in us staying up last year.
Great signing for the jags won't get u 25 goals but will get u 11/12 but his hold up play is good

41 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

I thought the team were fantastic yesterday, especially on a bobbly pitch. Kept it tight, gave little away and broke quickly and with a little more composure could have scored a couple more. Thought Grant got the tactics spot on.

its good to hear , how did Malcolm do ?

All three episodes are excellent, cheers.

Andy's song at the end! [emoji16]

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with Andy Graham last week. It's in three parts but this final installment focuses on his time at the Recs.
He's a smashing guy and I'm sure it'll be worth your time.

These are the sort of wins which kept us up last year. Not sure we'll bring anyone in today, although one more attacking option would be good.

Having said that we do have some decent depth in the squad now. Buchs, Stirling, Robbo and Adam Brown on the bench and Stevie H suspended.

Thomson gives us a different option up front and did well for the goal, which was expertly stuck away by Trouts.

1 hour ago, printer said:

These are the sort of wins which kept us up last year. Not sure we'll bring anyone in today, although one more attacking option would be good.

We're not. Gaffer told me he was interested in a few on loan, wingers/forwards but their clubs want to hold onto them.

Instead of signing players just to sit on our bench he's much more happy to have our own youths involved. 

10 minutes ago, AlloaAdam said:

Andy Stirling has been released, seems like strange timing unless the manager is bringing in another free agent. Keilor-Dunn anyone?

Bit unlucky i think, under JG he would have played every week as he played with 2 wide men, but Grant was trying to play him as a midfielder and it's not his position.  Will have no problem finding a club, hopefully Grant freeing up space for a free agent.

More to it than meets the eye I would assume. Would have liked to see this one work out as always a player I’d liked despite was QoS fans said.

Hopefully manager has someone lined up to replace that gap, although didn’t play much. Kellior-Dunn would be pretty smashing, however, think he’d get FT.

Andy Stirling has been released, seems like strange timing unless the manager is bringing in another free agent. Keilor-Dunn anyone?

I’m guessing he was released sometime yesterday otherwise he can’t sign elsewhere until January?

I quite liked what I'd seen of Stirling. He was inconsistent, but players of that type nearly always are. I thought when he came on for Trouts a couple of times he gave us something a bit different.

It is what it is though and whether Peter Grant didn't fancy him or Stirling wasn't happy with lack of game time, the role he was being asked to play or whatever probably best that he's moved on. Hopefully we'll take the opportunity to get a quality replacement in.

2 minutes ago, printer said:

I quite liked what I'd seen of Stirling. He was inconsistent, but players of that type nearly always are. I thought when he came on for Trouts a couple of times he gave us something a bit different.

It is what it is though and whether Peter Grant didn't fancy him or Stirling wasn't happy with lack of game time, the role he was being asked to play or whatever probably best that he's moved on. Hopefully we'll take the opportunity to get a quality replacement in.

But who ? good part time players are already snapped up, Stirling wont get any difficulty finding another club and will be sought after , as I said before I hope PG has other plans .

I'm sure he has loads of targets in mind. If there isn't anyone who fits the bill on a permanent basis then there are loan deals.

But who ? good part time players are already snapped up, Stirling wont get any difficulty finding another club and will be sought after , as I said before I hope PG has other plans .