The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

I'm a bit baffled by the pricing issue. Surely the Alloa board would be keen to maximise revenue from a mid-week game.

Charging £18 will likely attract no more than 300 fans (Mid Week/diddy comp/fans boycott).

£5,400.

I reckon at £14 the attendance would be no less than 600

£8,400

Also, the add on commercial benefits of catering, programme and half time draw revenue.

Now, the Alloa board know all this so, are they just sticking 2 fingers to the other clubs?

Genuine question here though... Was Forthbank not a bit deserted on Wednesday? I'd reckon there'd still be folk who boycott us even at decent prices.

Edited by LeodhasXD
days mixed up

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Genuine question here though... Was Forthbank not a bit deserted on Wednesday? I'd reckon there'd still be folk who boycott us even at decent prices.

Not really. 474 on Wednesday reasonably priced at £12 against a team from a higher league who had a distance to travel mid week.

Alloas' mid week fixture against Elgin drew a crowd of 316. Was there an element of boycott for this game?

Just now, headthebaw said:

Not really. 474 on Wednesday reasonably priced at £12 against a team from a higher league who had a distance to travel mid week.

Alloas' mid week fixture against Elgin drew a crowd of 316. Was there an element of boycott for this game?

Thought it seemed less than 474 to be honest.

Aye our own fans at the £18 prices against a team who had to travel even further. See above.

You'll need to point the hill out to me. Should I be paying £18 to get in too? Or should I not have an opinion. Honestly don't get your viewpoint.
[/quote

Think that was your quote about another debacle you got your self in where I was not turn up at another game.

Genuinely don’t mind your opinion but turn down the patronisation also the double act with Gerry is not a good look.

Tomorrow night is a meaningless fixture and you expect people to pay £18. But you want pay will you or buy a season book. Maybe if you did pay in I would respect your opinion a bit more. I predict less than 350 fans at the game.

It’s so bad that Stirling directors are not turning up in support of their fans due to the pricing.

3 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:
33 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

It’s so bad that Stirling directors are not turning up in support of their fans due to the pricing.

Stirling directors will be there but not accepting the complimentary entry and paying at the gate instead.

8 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:
38 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:
Maybe if you did pay in I would respect your opinion

That's where you make the mistake. I do pay in. I just don't do it with money, in fact in a year, If a season book is the bar for paying I put in a lot more than that.

Last week I went and did the Stirling Albion - Arbroath game. Arbroath get a copy, we get a copy, our manager can use that for the game on Saturday to prepare. Should've arranged a scouting fee. Wednesday I'm filming the reserve game. Possibly we're going to organise training filmed every week. Arbroath were thrilled because they don't have anyone to do that for them because... it's actually a hard, thankless job.

The social media side of things isn't even in my job description I just saw the need for it and fired on, hence why when I was on holiday, it get's neglected.

You want to mock the safety officer too, but I'd go as far as saying he's one of the reasons why the club runs so smoothly because he gives up so much time for the club doing loads of things behind the scenes that you will never see (until someone else comes along and royally messes it up).

@weetoonlad you can insult him, he deserves the stick for keeping playing that terrible rave CD every home game.

None of the three of us though are responsible for prices. So don't be a walloper.

That's where you make the mistake. I do pay in. I just don't do it with money, in fact in a year, If a season book is the bar for paying I put in a lot more than that.
Last week I went and did the Stirling Albion - Arbroath game. Arbroath get a copy, we get a copy, our manager can use that for the game on Saturday to prepare. Should've arranged a scouting fee. Wednesday I'm filming the reserve game. Possibly we're going to organise training filmed every week. Arbroath were thrilled because they don't have anyone to do that for them because... it's actually a hard, thankless job.
The social media side of things isn't even in my job description I just saw the need for it and fired on, hence why when I was on holiday, it get's neglected.
You want to mock the safety officer too, but I'd go as far as saying he's one of the reasons why the club runs so smoothly because he gives up so much time for the club doing loads of things behind the scenes that you will never see (until someone else comes along and royally messes it up).
[mention=76953]weetoonlad[/mention] you can insult him, he deserves the stick for keeping playing that terrible rave CD every home game.
None of the three of us though are responsible for prices. So don't be a walloper.
Well said bud but people on the outside don't see the hard work we put in for the love of the club . the small core of supporters who do work around the ground also need praise without volunteers the club doesn't run as it does . Regarding the music the press box door is always open so hand a CD in and I will look at the content and if OK will use . we are all Alloa supporters and as Roachy said no one is forcing people to attend games . Enjoy the season ahead

7 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

the hard work we put in for the love of the club

Do you want an approx. estimate of the MONEY some long standing fans have put into the club ? , well done for doing the work you do many fans would do the same ,  but don't

underestimate the average fan's love of the club and the money put in its a thankless task being a fan sometimes when your opinions are not heard /ignored  .

but in the end we choose to for the reasons stated above, no one is giving you stick for your work ,its your posts some have an issue with , storm in a teacup to be fair though .

I just think the whole thing is a shame. 

Local derbies against Stirling have been a rarity in recent times and i am sure we all have great memories of all our tussles with the Albion and here tonight on a beautiful night we should all be buzzing to get along to the game. 

However in reality both sets of supporters are going to be in reduced numbers due to the ridiculous pricing policy and it is going to feel like a glorified friendly played in front of a man and his dog.  I agree that nobody is forcing anyone to attend games but in my opinion that is not the point, i think there are plenty would like to attend but the pricing means that they cant, especially if they have a couple of kids to bring along also. 

I understand that the club runs a tight ship and have done a great job in hard times but cant work out their stance on this. 

Do you want an approx. estimate of the MONEY some long standing fans have put into the club ? , well done for doing the work you do many fans would do the same ,  but don't
underestimate the average fan's love of the club and the money put in its a thankless task being a fan sometimes when your opinions are not heard /ignored  .
but in the end we choose to for the reasons stated above, no one is giving you stick for your work ,its your posts some have an issue with , storm in a teacup to be fair though .
100% Buddy its a great club long may it continue .

It is frustrating that the build up to this game is dominated by this debate, I used to love these games, but I don't even think I will go tonight as I think the £18 is crazy.

I also agree with some other posters that the format of this competition is poor, need to go back to the old format for me of knockout ties.

2 hours ago, Craigy said:

I just think the whole thing is a shame. 

Local derbies against Stirling have been a rarity in recent times and i am sure we all have great memories of all our tussles with the Albion and here tonight on a beautiful night we should all be buzzing to get along to the game. 

However in reality both sets of supporters are going to be in reduced numbers due to the ridiculous pricing policy and it is going to feel like a glorified friendly played in front of a man and his dog.  I agree that nobody is forcing anyone to attend games but in my opinion that is not the point, i think there are plenty would like to attend but the pricing means that they cant, especially if they have a couple of kids to bring along also. 

I understand that the club runs a tight ship and have done a great job in hard times but cant work out their stance on this. 

Can only imagine the ticket price for that dog?!