The Alloa Athletic Thread

20 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
25 minutes ago, Sheepy said:

What a fucking comment from you

The board are not going to change so what's the point really

BFTD made that point already. if the fans are not happy about it we need to keep the comments going and keep trying to force a change that is if the board ever register the fans opinion anyway, on another note i didn't make the game on saturday and only saw the highlights is Adam Brown confounding us all ?

27 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

BFTD made that point already. if the fans are not happy about it we need to keep the comments going and keep trying to force a change that is if the board ever register the fans opinion anyway, on another note i didn't make the game on saturday and only saw the highlights is Adam Brown confounding us all ?

The board have been challenged on it on numerous occasions where I was present for the response- which is always the same. They state that the club budget is based on full pricing for a set number of home games. Im not for a minute defending that stance.

July is a tough month for a lot of football fans- when everyone has paid for season tickets, family holidays etc etc. We previously laid out to the board the total cost for us to follow the team in the 4 group games in addition to everything else. Probably not far off £200 for the two home and away games is a big commitment at this time of year. 

As a general rule I dont think this league cup group phase has captured the imagination of supporters. After only a few years of implementation it already seems played out. The Stirling game is slightly different in the fact its a local derby and theres potential to bring in a decent crowd and atmosphere if priced correctly. Taking the Elgin game as a more accurate example Im not sure how many more we would add to the gate even with a reduction.

I know theres regulars out there who refuse to pay for these games as is their right, and I certainly dont blame them, and any opposition supporters doing likewise. 

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

I feel that the club is no longer a 'community club' but a cash cow.

If the club were to be a bit more 'fan friendly' by being realistic about cup games against teams from lower leagues, maybe a few more fans would turn up for league games. It just feels that the rules are rules, not to be interpreted just implied and those who were thinking they may make the effort have been frightened off.

It's a real sad day when a derby against the Albion is boycotted because our forward looking board have been blinded by greed.

Edited by laughing gravie

It is what it is

Just another patronising c**t who volunteers for the club on this thread.

You Get in for f**k all as your a club volunteer. You have been called out before about kidding on you purchase more than one season tickets which were shown to be false.

Dunfermline group games were initially priced at £18 but the board decided to change it to £12 after enough fans voiced their opinions about it (probably on social media), hopefully your board sees sense if enough noise is made about it

It baffles me how some boards see 200 fans at £18 being just as good as 300 at £12

More fans and a better atmosphere makes games 

The board are not going to change so what's the point really  

I am sure the suffragettes, trade unionists and other campaigners all said same thing.

Football nothing without fans and there was very few there against Elgin and probably not much more against Stirling tomorrow. The board may get message at some point. At present the volunteers in blazers appear to see the fans as a hindrance to there enjoyment in pretending they are MM bestie.

1 hour ago, Redwedge77 said:

...2 INCREDIBLE statements from club officials over betfred prices the past week..."IT IS WHAT IT IS".....narrowly beater by "2 HOURS MINIMUM WAGE FOR 2 HOURS ENTERTAINMENT"...

giphy.jpg

Sorry!? £15 too much aswell?😂

41 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Sorry!? £15 too much aswell?😂

To watch Elgin and Albion ( no disrespect to them) yes.

34 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
42 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:
Sorry!? £15 too much aswell?emoji23.png

So £12 and £5

What dreams are made of

Just now, laughing gravie said:

To watch Elgin and Albion ( no disrespect to them) yes.

Did I not earlier make a post making an argument for £12? and pointed out they were two sides in the bottom tier?

But I don't think we are bottom tier and I think £15 (coincidentally middle ground between our price and minimum pricing) is acceptable to watch a game of football without "club official" sirens going off😂

Did I not earlier make a post making an argument for £12? and pointed out they were two sides in the bottom tier?
But I don't think we are bottom tier and I think £15 (coincidentally middle ground between our price and minimum pricing) is acceptable to watch a game of football without "club official" sirens going off[emoji23]

Brilliant lecturing me on pricing of betfred at recs....On Pie and bovril...AMAAAAAZING...Both Watson and yourself playing both volunteer and club official card simultaneously.

Don’t think I am going to die on this hill.

5 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Brilliant lecturing me on pricing of betfred at recs....On Pie and bovril...AMAAAAAZING...Both Watson and yourself playing both volunteer and club official card simultaneously.

Don’t think I am going to die on this hill.

You'll need to point the hill out to me. Should I be paying £18 to get in too? Or should I not have an opinion. Honestly don't get your viewpoint.

I'm a bit baffled by the pricing issue. Surely the Alloa board would be keen to maximise revenue from a mid-week game.

Charging £18 will likely attract no more than 300 fans (Mid Week/diddy comp/fans boycott).

£5,400.

I reckon at £14 the attendance would be no less than 600

£8,400

Also, the add on commercial benefits of catering, programme and half time draw revenue.

Now, the Alloa board know all this so, are they just sticking 2 fingers to the other clubs?