The Alloa Athletic Thread

42 minutes ago, Waspy said:

£18 in hard cash!

And here was me thinking football was trying to get punters through the 'gates'. Who is going to travel all the way from Elgin on a Tuesday night and fork out this sort of money?

Come to think of it, who is going to travel all the way from Alloa at these prices for a League Cup game ?

Edited by laughing gravie

Try going to the cinema,round of golf  or a concert and then come back and say £18 to get into a game involving a championship team is over priced...everything is expensive these days . You will strugg!e to get 2 fish suppers for the price of admissions to the Recs FFs.. 

The season ticket is an outstanding piece of value . People seem to like to moan on this . As I said , everything is expensive now 

54 minutes ago, Oweny said:

Try going to the cinema,round of golf  or a concert and then come back and say £18 to get into a game involving a championship team is over priced...everything is expensive these days . You will strugg!e to get 2 fish suppers for the price of admissions to the Recs FFs.. 

The season ticket is an outstanding piece of value . People seem to like to moan on this . As I said , everything is expensive now 

It's only a fiver to get into the cinema in Stirling nowadays. 😉 

There's no real point in moaning about the cup pricing at the Recs as it won't change. Though these games are just glorified friendlies at this time of the season. 

57 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

it is ..but not valid for this fixture, seriously might give this a miss..which for me is rare...home improvements have left me short of cash ...

Wouldn't it be a worthwhile venture if the club allowed season ticket holders in for these games for a £10?  When you see so many clubs at cup matched with reduced attendances because their season tickets aren't valid. But that is common sense, so no chance of that happening, is there?

And why has there been hee haw on the official site since PG became manager? It's the usual Alloa hush when it feels that every other club are signing players left, right and centre, and we have nothing regards progress or interested signings.

The club are more than happy to take our hard earned cash, or little or no return. So business as usual then

We could debate this for eternity. It’s always been this way and probably won’t change. No, it’s not ideal but thankfully it doesn’t happen too much off the season ticket and like said above, that is great value. Although it is a talking point and doesn’t cover us in great light compared to other clubs - the chat has been flogged to its death!

Let’s hope there is an alright crowd tomorrow for Grants first game. We still have a bit to do in regards to the team recruitment so no doubt tomorrow is not going to totally reflect where we’ll be against Thistle. Good chance for Peter G to experiment and again get some match fitness.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

A fish supper is only about 6 quid in the Falcon

I'm just back from dunkeld for the weekend and they certainly weren't £6 up there. Very high quality though 😜 recommended

And why has there been hee haw on the official site since PG became manager? It's the usual Alloa hush when it feels that every other club are signing players left, right and centre, and we have nothing regards progress or interested signings.
The club are more than happy to take our hard earned cash, or little or no return.

Other clubs are probably having to sign players "left, right and centre" because their teams underperformed (in their eyes) last year. We didn't. We have a strong nucleus of a successful team. Yes, we still need a few players, but we are in the fortunate position of being able to wait for the right players. When we do make further signings then it will be posted on the site; not much point in putting something on there just for the sake of it.

"Little or now return"? What about the footbalk we've seen the last three years?

£18 is fine for the league but the club are again badly out of step with the pricing for the League Cup group stage. Compares very badly to the £12 on which other clubs settled. We could probably have pulled in a decent crowd tonight for Grant's first game, but now I suspect it will be a shocker. And we will again reduce the Stirling derby match, a fixture which in different guises has pretty much always pulled a crowd going back about 140 years, to a pitiful number. The club know it doesn't work yet still refuse to budge. The people that run Alloa get so much bang on and over achieve, but I'm afraid on this particular issue that they deserve the public slagging they are getting on social media. 

As for the game itself, hopefully we can get a win to get started. With the managerial change I feel we are a wee bit behind and as such expectations have to be realistic. If the group games give the gaffer a good chance to see what he has at his disposal, and brings a bit more fitness and a positive result or two, that would be a decent outcome. 

Don't slag @alloaathleticfc only I'll see it. I still think £15/£16 is the sweet spot for going to watch a game of football two hours minimum wage for two hours entertainment.

I'm also convinced goodwill is actually a monetisable asset, although it's not something you can budget for and £18 group stage games against let's be honest two sides in the bottom tier of senior football seriously damages that asset.

13 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

We could debate this for eternity. It’s always been this way and probably won’t change. No, it’s not ideal but thankfully it doesn’t happen too much off the season ticket and like said above, that is great value. Although it is a talking point and doesn’t cover us in great light compared to other clubs - the chat has been flogged to its death!

Let’s hope there is an alright crowd tomorrow for Grants first game. We still have a bit to do in regards to the team recruitment so no doubt tomorrow is not going to totally reflect where we’ll be against Thistle. Good chance for Peter G to experiment and again get some match fitness.

Only moved to the area in the last couple years and it's the first year i've had a season ticket, so can't really comment on the historical side of things, but I did notice a few teams in League 1 included the Betfred Cup games in their season ticket - totally agree the ST is excellent value as it is and, if they added an extra £15-£20 to the price and included the Cup games, it wouldn't stop me buying it and I would see it as better value still! Plus they would make up the extra revenue from my trip (or two) to the pie stand!