The Alloa Athletic Thread

he has absolutely no experience of working with a part time setup (as far as I can see).

Yes, this is the main question mark for me. Is he going to complicate things, can he properly relate to part-time players.

We've already got a very good squad and the players know their own and each others strengths (which we play to) and weaknesses (which they cover for). So I agree he needs to take a softly, softly approach initially. Paddy Connolly can be key here, as can the likes of Andy G and Liam B.

Overall I'm excited by the appointment. It's another high profile one, which is nice, and you'd expect Grant to have loads of contacts. At the end of the day, he'll do well and move on to a full-time gig or do poorly, leave and Alloa will move forwards.

47 minutes ago, printer said:

Yes, this is the main question mark for me. Is he going to complicate things, can he properly relate to part-time players.

We've already got a very good squad and the players know their own and each others strengths (which we play to) and weaknesses (which they cover for). So I agree he needs to take a softly, softly approach initially. Paddy Connolly can be key here, as can the likes of Andy G and Liam B.

Overall I'm excited by the appointment. It's another high profile one, which is nice, and you'd expect Grant to have loads of contacts. At the end of the day, he'll do well and move on to a full-time gig or do poorly, leave and Alloa will move forwards.

Talking about your strengths, are you keeping the narrow pitch again this season? It’s a pain in the erse for teams who like wing play. 

100% let's get behind him the club is very stable on and off the park . the good thing the players know each other very well . a few good loan move and we are good to go . survival is the key again simple

Talking about your strengths, are you keeping the narrow pitch again this season? It’s a pain in the erse for teams who like wing play. 
Not sure, m8. It's not something any of us have an opinion on.

12 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
4 hours ago, P475 said:

I would be 100% sure he are keeping the narrow park

Baws! This is bad news for teams like ours that’s been signing wide players. 

Came on to comment on what a massive bell Grant looks. Absolutely infatuated with himself imo.

Strange appointment from a club that has appointed a certain ‘type’ over the last few years. Hope you get pumped all season for this. 

40 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Came on to comment on what a massive bell Grant looks. Absolutely infatuated with himself imo.

Strange appointment from a club that has appointed a certain ‘type’ over the last few years. Hope you get pumped all season for this. 

Something you guys have gotten well used to , watchout lowland league is right behind you !

42 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Has he been at Cooden already?

Well done again Alloa for a fairly adventurous managerial appointment, I hope it goes well for you.
I'm assuming the dissenting voices are because of the old firm connections rather than the individual concerned.
Probably most of your players are old firm supporters and you support them every week, so why not the manager.
If it is just the person, it is petty in the extreme.

20 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

Some sad people about . PG has been away from Celtic for over 15 years down in England for 15 years . hes now the Alloa manager so let's move on from.the silly Celtic / Rangers thing .

It's Celtic/The Rangers, or Rangers 2012 🤣