The Alloa Athletic Thread

5 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Taggs has been excellent at RB and when called upon at CB over 3 seasons, who gives a f*ck about a friendly against Albion Rovers?! 

just hope both of them are here come the season start , tags more effective at RB and ok for cover at CB IMO , yes the AR game was a friendly not important .

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Too much strangeness for me, Occam's razor and all that.

In this game there were 5/6 dicey challenges in the first half. Ref ignored the one on Kev and then two seconds later Dicko flew through the boy, ball and man. 6ft4 Frenchman greeting on the ground. Didn't look like a player who was holding back because he would be moving away. 

Think he's been excellent so far in preseason would be daft to poke another hole in the squad so soon before the real games start.

Who were the opposition ?

Taggs.......was also a better option next to Andy at CB. But I certainly hope Liam will be lining up for us this season.

I like Taggs in central defence. He reads the game well there and his pace complements Andy G.

Some good players playing for the French team. The right  back was a tough customer but excellent. We had a trialist centre half in the second half who was French and the guy must have been 7 foot tall. Boy was very quick and good on the ball. Certainly worth another look .  Never seen much in the other trialists we had but some of the French guys looked the part especially the right winger who looked like ribery at Bayern Munich. Very direct. 

The game ended 3-1 to the visitors. Some tough tackling Though. 

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Guy Ipoua

international scout apparently , the played clyde too at stirlng uni , calling themselves direction foot  . all very strange , I presume they are a collection of players 

looking for contracts with guy steering them (and cashing in on any Contracts) .

17 hours ago, Oweny said:

Some good players playing for the French team. The right  back was a tough customer but excellent. We had a trialist centre half in the second half who was French and the guy must have been 7 foot tall. Boy was very quick and good on the ball. Certainly worth another look .  Never seen much in the other trialists we had but some of the French guys looked the part especially the right winger who looked like ribery at Bayern Munich. Very direct. 

The game ended 3-1 to the visitors. Some tough tackling Though. 

None of the guys we had were Trialists , they were just more of the french guys  the club agreed that could play for us  so as many as possible could get game time. 

It's been 2 weeks since jim left and with the betfred cup starting in a weeks time , I'd like to think we will maybe hear something about a new manager this week, I'm not at the stage where I am worrying yet but we are now getting into crucial preparation time for the new season. I still think we need 4/5 players (some loan which I realise most probably won't get done until mid/end August) but nothing will get done until a new manager is in and I think the sooner one is appointed the more chance we have of having a stronger start to the season.

37 minutes ago, liammcintosh01 said:

It's been 2 weeks since jim left and with the betfred cup starting in a weeks time , I'd like to think we will maybe hear something about a new manager this week, I'm not at the stage where I am worrying yet but we are now getting into crucial preparation time for the new season. I still think we need 4/5 players (some loan which I realise most probably won't get done until mid/end August) but nothing will get done until a new manager is in and I think the sooner one is appointed the more chance we have of having a stronger start to the season.

I had the sneaking suspicion that we might've been naming someone on Monday but that came and went. Would be very surprised if we end the week managerless.

Still loads of time, m8. Well IMO anyway. It's going to be a long season.