The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:
4 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:
Plenty notice given. Im sure the packages will be taken up at the alternative date. 

We always lose company's who don't want night games every season . people don't want to rush home then go out to a game simple

I don't see what the fuss is about. Isn't it better to know well in advance there is a midweek or non Saturday fixture and corporate hospitality can be arranged accordingly.

Compare this with a midweek rearranged fixture...

Anyway, wouldn't the club prefer 3 points in the bag and survival than mumbling about a few lost quid?

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
6 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:
Plenty notice given. Im sure the packages will be taken up at the alternative date. 

We always lose company's who don't want night games every season . people don't want to rush home then go out to a game simple

Whilst it admittedly doesn't hold the immediate appeal of a Saturday game, Im sure the club will get a willing taker without too many issues. If they dont, I'll take it 🍻

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Whilst it admittedly doesn't hold the immediate appeal of a Saturday game, Im sure the club will get a willing taker without too many issues. If they dont, I'll take it 🍻

discounted of course ...

might even consider it myself

We’ve apparently agreed a fee with you guys for Liam Dick. Is he any good? 

Very random. He’s useful and does a job. I like him but he’s nothing special, I think the previous two left backs were better in Crane and Waters and that’s why I’m harsher. He’s capable of being a mid-table Championship player - nothing more I don’t think.

It’ll be a loss for us, no doubt. Despite him having his howlers, he was pretty much a mainstay in the defence and covered a few other positions.

We’ve apparently agreed a fee with you guys for Liam Dick. Is he any good? 
Liam's not the best footballer in the world, but he's good defensively, can cover at left centre half (attacks the ball well in the air) and has a good attitude. If he does go, I wish him well.

34 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Would be very strange for him to be playing a closed door friendly right now for us then.

Doesn't mean it isn't true to be fair. Like the St Mirren rumour though, this seems a little strange. He settled onto a steady game last season despite the lukewarm reviews from Dumbarton fans, and did a solid job. Not a stand out player however and weaker than Taggart on the other flank. I did feel that when Crane became available this summer that he would be an upgrade, but I'd still be happy enough if Liam was our LB for the season and it wouldn't be ideal to be looking for a replacement there as well as the other gaps we have to fill. Good luck to him if it does indeed come off. 

Edited by Waspie

41 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Doesn't mean it isn't true to be fair. Like the St Mirren rumour though, this seems a little strange. He settled onto a steady game last season despite the lukewarm reviews from Dumbarton fans, and did a solid job. Not a stand out player however and weaker than Taggart on the other flank. I did feel that when Crane became available this summer that he would be an upgrade, but I'd still be happy enough if Liam was our LB for the season and it wouldn't be ideal to be looking for a replacement there as well as the other gaps we have to fill. Good luck to him if it does indeed come off. 

Too much strangeness for me, Occam's razor and all that.

In this game there were 5/6 dicey challenges in the first half. Ref ignored the one on Kev and then two seconds later Dicko flew through the boy, ball and man. 6ft4 Frenchman greeting on the ground. Didn't look like a player who was holding back because he would be moving away. 

Think he's been excellent so far in preseason would be daft to poke another hole in the squad so soon before the real games start.

I would disagree and say liam has been more solid than taggs , ousman see had taggs on toast in the AR friendly
I think Liam is the better defender of the two when playing full back.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

I would disagree and say liam has been more solid than taggs , ousman see had taggs on toast in the AR friendly

Taggs has been excellent at RB and when called upon at CB over 3 seasons, who gives a f*ck about a friendly against Albion Rovers?! 

1 hour ago, printer said:
1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

I think Liam is the better defender of the two when playing full back.

I don't think there is much between them defensively at FB but Taggs brings much more going forward. He was also a better option next to Andy at CB. But I certainly hope Liam will be lining up for us this season.