The Alloa Athletic Thread

I know that any answers to my questions would be posted on here, but are there any fresh rumours of who may be coming in to manage and/or play for us?

Not particularly impressed with the names bandied about so far.

Also, is the pitch going to be returning to its original dimensions?

Ha-ha, ideally I'm looking for answers in the positive for both.

11 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

So we are live against Dundee united 4th of October on the Biased Broadcasting corporation ,I wonder how much The club gets for this .

Tv money is pooled among all the clubs for league matches. Think the Scottish Cup is different.

34 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

So we are live against Dundee united 4th of October on the Biased Broadcasting corporation ,I wonder how much The club gets for this .

And all the hooha about the championship tv licensing in the beginning was that because it all goes into the SPFL pot by far the majority goes to premier league clubs.

I am looking forward to a Friday night fixture at home . I always thought that it was worth exploring in our town particularly with the obsession with the old firm teams in alloa . It may put a few more on the gate you never know . 

47 minutes ago, printer said:

Quite like us being on the tele.

Only problem is, what to do on Saturday afternoon? emoji852.png

(Checks fixtures. Stenny v Cove Rangers on the Sat - nice.)

gives you a longer weekend  😁 like the idea of taking in another game too. 

I am looking forward to a Friday night fixture at home . I always thought that it was worth exploring in our town particularly with the obsession with the old firm teams in alloa . It may put a few more on the gate you never know . 
Not great for the club lose money from Hospitality packages

46 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
4 hours ago, Oweny said:

Not great for the club lose money from Hospitality packages

Plenty notice given. Im sure the packages will be taken up at the alternative date. 

Plenty notice given. Im sure the packages will be taken up at the alternative date. 
Indeed. I'd have thought Friday night hospitality would be pretty attractive should there be an issue with anyone booked in for the Saturday.

1 hour ago, printer said:
1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Indeed. I'd have thought Friday night hospitality would be pretty attractive should there be an issue with anyone booked in for the Saturday.

Can't speak for Alloa guests obviously but it's a harder sell here with a 7:05pm kick off leaving time tight for people to finish work at 5pm and have a full meal with drinks before kick off. It definitely hurts hospitality, though not as much as a Sunday date would.

Can't speak for Alloa guests obviously but it's a harder sell here with a 7:05pm kick off leaving time tight for people to finish work at 5pm and have a full meal with drinks before kick off. It definitely hurts hospitality, though not as much as a Sunday date would.
Cheers. In broad percentage terms, how does your hospitality net income compare to gate money on an average match day.

I'd imagine ours is a significant proportion, even with the higher Championship attendances.