The Alloa Athletic Thread

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd be interested to see where you lads rank your managers going all the way back to Hartley.

1. Hartley - took over a relegated team with only one injured player on the books and everything after that was magic.

2. Ross - if only we had him longer. Inherited Lennon 's mess and in one summer built a great team that set the club record for wins and remain the bulk of the current team.

3. Goodwin - good coach that has improved season on season. However his signing record isn't the best, so interesting how he does at St Mirren as he isn't inheriting a great squad. 

4. Smith - well he did manage the Sevco and Hibs wins. Apart from that he was rubbish.

5. Lennon - signed a squad that almost matched Pat McAulay 's in 1995.

Another mini era ends and another high profile, successful young manager moves on. Whoever is appointed I'm confident we'll regroup and the excellent core squad we have will come out fighting and won't let us down this season.

Good luck, Jim. Thanks for the last three years.

Off topic, somebody was asking who the young lads that were training with us were..jack mcdowall is one of them, i assume he’s a centre back, ex partick & celtic

Looks a big lad. Studying at Stirling Uni after being released by the two clubs mentioned. 18 years old.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4307189/partick-thistle-jack-mcdowall-career-andy-robertson/

Good luck to the big fellow its been a great three years working with you watching you grow into the Manager you have become . everyone at the club will miss your smile and professional manner you went about your business . onto our next chapter then who next a few sleepless nights for MM .Thinking cap on again for him

28 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

Hartley incoming.

Firstly all the best to Jim the journey whist under his tenure was superb.

If It is Hartley which I doubt but if so I can’t wait for the seething and trolling on this threads by yourself and other radges fae Falkirk when he unearths his midas touch again

IMG_0184.jpg.ce5df53803b1fc449e5375a00342de61.jpg

Edited by Redwedge77

12 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
On 26/06/2019 at 13:24, LeodhasXD said:
This. It'll be someone else's train wreck to sift through over in Paisley.

This aged well.

Based on what the manager said on Thursday about it. Obviously St Mirren had a bit of a bigger pull than he expected.

Based on what the manager said on Thursday about it. Obviously St Mirren had a bit of a bigger pull than he expected.

Or.... he just done what any professional person would in the situation and stepped around it by telling people what they wanted to hear.

Next up... Gerrard to Derby

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Or.... he just done what any professional person would in the situation and stepped around it by telling people what they wanted to hear.

Next up... Gerrard to Derby

Nah I genuinely think it was a case like Jack Ross and he had to think about it.

Well JG is away now and goes with our best wishes but time to move on. 

As for his successor, wouldn't mind Martin Canning if he was interested, Alan Archibald..not sure, Hartley.....you get the impression that MM rates him highly but whether this has been diminished by his recent failures who knows. I suppose will also depend if Hartley feels he can rebuild his reputation with us in the Championship on the back of JG doing so well.