The Alloa Athletic Thread

I heard a story a year ago that Goodwin wouldn't consider going back to saints when the current chairman was still in situ.  I know of the obvious link but he's a canny operator and won't jump into the wrong job . He knocked back saints in 2018 and of course Dundee in 2019 

6 minutes ago, Oweny said:

I heard a story a year ago that Goodwin wouldn't consider going back to saints when the current chairman was still in situ.  I know of the obvious link but he's a canny operator and won't jump into the wrong job . He knocked back saints in 2018 and of course Dundee in 2019 

No, he didn't.

6 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

He was never offered the job due to him not agreeing to take Nicoll as no 2

Considering it was McPake who wanted Jimmy Nichol that'd be quite a bizarre take on things.

Just now, weetoonlad said:

The Dundee Board chose the number 2 not mcpake . 100% mcpake had to agree to get the top job . Goodwin didn't agree to it

Well, that's just complete nonsense.

Well, that's just complete nonsense.

Maybe it’s not...this is also what I heard, not necessarily with Jimmy Nicholl but I did hear that Goody wanted to take our 1st team coach Lee Sharpe as his assistant but Dundee wanted him to have an experienced assistant. Goody wanted to bring his own man in but they said no...

Don’t know this for a fact but what I was told from a reliable source...

Kearney told not to turn up to the first day of pre-season training. Think that is only going one way and it’s another shambolic off-season for the buddies.

Time will tell if they come in for JG and if he gets the terms he wants.

Ugh, can’t be doing all this again.

5 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

The Dundee Board chose the number 2 not mcpake . 100% mcpake had to agree to get the top job . Goodwin didn't agree to it

I was told that JG was offered the job, Dundee wanted to pick the team and JG was to manage.

Can't work this one out, but sounds typical pish from a team that thinks it's still a big club (on paper)

Their is so many definitions of a "big Team" but in the end after the fan base,  the stadia , the money put in , its cups and final league positions that only ever matter 

the fact that two  "big " Dundee teams are here with us shoes how well  AAFC have been run compared to how badly others are .. I love supporting a Diddy team 

nothing to lose like our underachieving neighbours .