The Alloa Athletic Thread

Gonna throw the recently departed Dunfermline coach, Callum Davidson, into the mix.

Highly regarded as a coach, decent playing CV and maybe on the lookout for his first real shot at being the main man.

Coached at St Johnstone, Scotland, Stoke and Dunfermline. Now sure how realistic it is finance wise but who knows. Be worth a punt if he was keen I’d say.

Hard to know what Callum Davidson's long-term ambitions are. Will Gary Rowett have told him he wants him to be a part of his team if he gets another decent gig? 

I'd have thought he'd have committed to Dunfermline if he didn't have his sights set on something else. Maybe that is being his own man? 

I'm sure Mike will know by now what's going to happen and has already set the wheels in motion should the situation arise.

Callum Davidson for me.

Hard to know what Callum Davidson's long-term ambitions are. Will Gary Rowett have told him he wants him to be a part of his team if he gets another decent gig? 
I'd have thought he'd have committed to Dunfermline if he didn't have his sights set on something else. Maybe that is being his own man? 

Yeah, I have no idea about his situation or ambitions. Just seen he had left today and it’s a candidate that suits our policy to a tee. Although he’s never managed before, it’d definitely be a big coup to get him at Alloa. Would be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe Dunfermline fans would be able to enlighten us on some of that but for me, he’s the best option I’ve seen on this thread.

Stewart petrie would do but I can't see him leaving Montrose for another not much bigger P/T Club (wages wise).

Would suggest us being in the championship would be a big pull for him. He may see it as next logical step on his on his career path.

Undoubtedly MM will surprise us with some one unexpected as he did with Jim.

16 hours ago, whereismillar said:

I think time is up for Alloa and Goody , no way it will be mcpake IMO , but they might pair them up ? time to start asking who we would want to replace him .

Gary Naysmith could be another name in the frame.  

1 minute ago, whereismillar said:

I have heard better jokes …. behave .

I would think he'll have about as much chance of being considered as some of the other names being bandied about. Every out of work manager with experience around this level or any young "up and comers" would probably submit their CV's if the job became vacant. 

32 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

he is not anywhere near my first choice , his record at Queens is poor , Full time and you have Dobbie and had to playoff for your championship status, not a good indictment is it !

I didn't say he was a good choice,  just adding a name that could possibly be in the frame and available if a managerial vacancy arose.  Hartley s name has been mentioned and he didn't exactly cover himself in glory either at his last post. 

24 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I didn't say he was a good choice,  just adding a name that could possibly be in the frame and available if a managerial vacancy arose.  Hartley s name has been mentioned and he didn't exactly cover himself in glory either at his last post. 

Hartley got his Dundee gig on the back of a tremendous spell as Alloa manager.I would be surprised if he is not in the frame given he is out of work at the moment.