The Alloa Athletic Thread

*cough* No 6 months *cough* I had to check whether I had jumped the gun I'm sure I just put permanent deal. Was either the Advertiser or our own website.
This suggests he signed a deal until the end of 2019/20

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/GalleryBrowse.aspx?pageid=5&mid=29&pagenumber29=5

If that is the case he can't just leave for more money. He may well be earning more at Forfar but Goodwin must have been happy to rip up his contract and let him leave. Unless of course the information on that link above isn't accurate.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This suggests he signed a deal until the end of 2019/20

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/GalleryBrowse.aspx?pageid=5&mid=29&pagenumber29=5

If that is the case he can't just leave for more money. He may well be earning more at Forfar but Goodwin must have been happy to rip up his contract and let him leave. Unless of course the information on that link above isn't accurate.

It wasn't the case. Which is why I'm laughing.

45 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Robertson and Trouts as well I believe?

Disappointed with Kirky leaving. Thought he had another year left on his deal. I know he didn’t get much game time but he’s a cracking option to have and for the market we’re in, don’t think we can get much better. You saw the impact he can have with little time in his last minute goals last season!

If they’re throwing money at it, then so be it. Weird one.

Not so much throwing money at it but having lost Baird, Easton and Reilly in one weekend we clearly had wages freed up and a need for some quality creative player (s) take it he’s a decent player?

1 minute ago, nofixedability said:

Not so much throwing money at it but having lost Baird, Easton and Reilly in one weekend we clearly had wages freed up and a need for some quality creative player (s) take it he’s a decent player?

That's what I said to it. Kirky was behind Trouten in our pecking order so its just swings and roundabouts.

6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

That's what I said to it. Kirky was behind Trouten in our pecking order so its just swings and roundabouts.

Would agree with that, I doubt money is really a factor and more that Kirky has been mainly a sub since coming back in January. It was a bit unfortunate in that we had two very good players in Trouts and Kirky who are excellent in the middle of the 3 behind the striker but not so effective elsewhere in our system. I actually rate Kirky as the better player but Trouts was doing well and scoring and deserved to keep his place. Credit to Kirky though, didn't hit his best form this time but still came up with 2 massive goals off the bench. A player I love watching when he is on song and without doubt, when he has the right manager and system around him, a real class act. Good luck to him. 

47 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

Kirky is a fantastic player, for me better in a 3 playing behind the striker, or as a 2nd striker.  Can score all types of goals and on his day will take some stopping in league one.

any truth to Jim G taking over from Steve Clark at Killy

Haven’t seen his name linked with it anywhere or on the bookies radar. Gary Holt was the favourite last time I checked. I’m most worried about the St Mirren post potentially becoming available in the next few weeks.

Gutted about kirky leaving, our loss is forfars gain. Everyone was offered a new deal according to reports so could only be money or like someone else said the fact he has sat on the bench loads since returning.

Unsure on liam bucannan, dont think he is as fit as he was, could maybe do a job

Unsure on liam bucannan, dont think he is as fit as he was, could maybe do a job

Agree with you this one. Think it’d be a risk and one that I wouldn’t be too overly excited about but just look at what he did in this league with us a few years back! Granted a lot has happened since with Buchs. I’m still surprised that he never really established himself in this league after he left us. What could have been if he never left Livi ...

47 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Liam Buchanan released from Raith ... could do a lot worse!

Not for me lads, never set the heather on fire last season against predominately part time teams, asking him to do the business against a league full of mostly full time teams at the age of 34 is a big ask.

If Goodwin is still about will probably be looking to utilise the loan market again, a younger more mobile player would be a better option in my opinion.   

Kirky is a more effective player at Championship level than Trouts IMO.
Thought he was poorly treated with the number of starts he got last year and now we appear to have paid the price for that. Not good news.

I'd have thought Kirkpatrick would be hard to replace with similar quality. That's some signing for Forfar.

Would have been delighted to see Buchanan back before now, but looking at age and recent form in a lower division, the time's surely passed for that move.

Kirky is a more effective player at Championship level than Trouts IMO. Thought he was poorly treated with the number of starts he got last year and now we appear to have paid the price for that. Not good news.

Trouten was consistent. He was rewarded with a regular start because of that. I know Kirky had limited opportunity but I felt he generally under achieved in all round play when the chance came his way. Feels like a loss with Kirky being the best option looking at age profile but I suspect Trouten would have been given first opportunity in the coming season as well.

Liam Buchanan released from Raith ... could do a lot worse!

Buchanan has struggled for the past two seasons with injuries. Think we got best out of the tail end of his career. Can see him as assistant or in a coaching role in lower leagues.