The Alloa Athletic Thread

20 hours ago, Craigy said:

Aye, i remember was it not a case at one point that we were relying on Roachy's maw for player sightings/updates !! 

Great times. I had a spy posted outside the ground with real time updates. The beginning of the road to unprecendented glory.

Turns out Mike had done the deal hours after the goalless draw with Annan to relegate us :)

Sam Roscoe is expected to get another year at Pittodrie.

I'd read good things about him during the start of his time at Alloa but looks like he was out of the squad or on the bench for the tail end of the season. Was that down to injury or a loss of form?

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Sam Roscoe is expected to get another year at Pittodrie.

I'd read good things about him during the start of his time at Alloa but looks like he was out of the squad or on the bench for the tail end of the season. Was that down to injury or a loss of form?

Good player.  Lost placed when injured and Allloa  went on a good run and probably didn't want to change a winning team at the end.

Just now, Redwedge77 said:

Good player.  Lost placed when injured and Allloa  went on a good run and probably didn't want to change a winning team at the end.

Good to hear.

I know the guy he was lodging with up here. Didn't sound too good for him regarding a deal a couple of months ago.

3 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Good to hear.

I know the guy he was lodging with up here. Didn't sound too good for him regarding a deal a couple of months ago.

Good news if he is getting another year at Aberdeen. I thought he did really well with us and clearly came on playing next to Andy Graham. Was a good partnership. As Redwedge said, he would have stayed in the team all year but for getting injured and the team hitting form while he was out. Good luck to him.

3 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Good news if he is getting another year at Aberdeen. I thought he did really well with us and clearly came on playing next to Andy Graham. Was a good partnership. As Redwedge said, he would have stayed in the team all year but for getting injured and the team hitting form while he was out. Good luck to him.

Appreciate the replies.

The lad I spoke to said he has a great range of passing but barely passes the half way line. Maybe needs to bulk up a bit too. Don't think he'll see much game time next season here though.

Young Sam Roscoe was excellent and got better as the season progressed playing beside a terrific player and professional Andy Graham . A great penalty box defender . A different player from McKenna and not as aggressive but he demonstrated intelligent reading of the game and his positional play was immense. A player who has a great future but probably not ready for a first team berth at this point though. 

McKenna was the same with us , terrific but needed games at senior level to get ready . Young Liam Lindsay also when he was with us.  Both have progressed and both will be Scotland mainstays in the future . 

49 minutes ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Very quiet end to the season after the brilliant last game of the season. I assume there is no meet and greet with the players like there was last season? Any season ticket news or ground improvements?

No plans for a party. Season tickets won't be decided to next month. It's always the middle of June. I've made a case for a permanent TV gantry above the away stand.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Robertson and Trouts as well I believe?

Disappointed with Kirky leaving. Thought he had another year left on his deal. I know he didn’t get much game time but he’s a cracking option to have and for the market we’re in, don’t think we can get much better. You saw the impact he can have with little time in his last minute goals last season!

If they’re throwing money at it, then so be it. Weird one.

19 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Robertson and Trouts as well I believe?

Disappointed with Kirky leaving. Thought he had another year left on his deal. I know he didn’t get much game time but he’s a cracking option to have and for the market we’re in, don’t think we can get much better. You saw the impact he can have with little time in his last minute goals last season!

If they’re throwing money at it, then so be it. Weird one.

Oh well should have their signing news tonight then :lol:

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Did Kirky not sign an 18 month deal in January?

*cough* No 6 months *cough* I had to check whether I had jumped the gun I'm sure I just put permanent deal. 

Okay yeah was on the website, wrongly. :lol:

Edited by LeodhasXD

Did Kirky not sign an 18 month deal in January?

I thought that too so double checked and yeah, he did.

No doubt some mutual agreement between the clubs similar to the way we were able to sign him from Saints. However, never a good thing when a team in the league below is offering more moneys!